X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Yeah but you'll be a very happy man
    Yep. Wife punished me by getting a Gucci handbag. So, a Dreamcast and all that kit is a drop in the bucket comparatively.

And the two Razor Atrox I bagged for my 360

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      what sort of cash is the toro? does it convert the vga signal to component for 1080p upscaling via the framemeister?
      80USD plus I need a Euro scart cable. I think it converts VGA from the DC to RGB scart - which I pump into the Framemeister and it then outputs via HDMI in1080p (or 720p if I want to use scanlines).

Comment

Buying something without understanding the features of it is a little silly, don't you think? It doesn't convert VGA to RGB SCART, it is flexible in that it allows you to use either. SCART will still be 240p/480i.

In your scenario with the Framemeister, you might as well have just bought a SCART lead. However, you can bypass the Framemeister completely and use 480p via VGA should your monitor support it.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Buying something without understanding the features of it is a little silly, don't you think? It doesn't convert VGA to RGB SCART, it is flexible in that it allows you to use either. SCART will still be 240p/480i.

In your scenario with the Framemeister, you might as well have just bought a SCART lead. However, you can bypass the Framemeister completely and use 480p via VGA should your monitor support it.
          VGA from DC to box. Scart from box to framemeister. I checked on youtube. Does what I need.

Comment

Indeed. But you effectively spent $80 for an RGB SCART cable in your scenario.

Comment

Indeed. But you effectively spent $80 for an RGB SCART cable in your scenario.
              No. My 55 Samsung has a VGA input. I can use the Toro as a VGA box. It also means I'm future proofed. At some point Ill need a new TV with, likely, no VGA. Ill then use the RGB scart into the Framemeister.

The Framemeister upscales the signal to 1080p. DC won't do that itself.

In addition, the Framemeister lets me add scanlines which I personally prefer.

Comment

The Toro box seems to have built-in scanline generation as a feature too.

Does seem expensive for a VGA box but I guess it adds RGB too as you've got a US machine? I'm guessing a stock US machine won't do RGB, because why would it.

Comment

Of course it does RGB...

Comment

The Toro will push out a 480p signal over a Scart cable, which the Frameister will accept and do a nice job of upscaling it :-) better than what my TVs do of upscaling my DC VGA signal anyway.

I've made a DIY equivalent, and if I use my VGA box to generate scanlines, it looks nice upscaled to 1080p via the Framemeister

Pete

Comment

Yeah, I'm being a tit.

Apparently the NTSC PS3 can also push 480p via SCART on something that would accept it, like a scaler.

I'll crawl behind my CRT now and not come out again.

Comment

Sit in front of the CRT and play something!

Hey Jaz, where did you get the GDEMU from? I've been away from this scene for quite a while and missed all the hype about this and the Saturn one, and the USB-GDROM (any reason you chose GDEMU over the USB alternative?)

Pete

Comment

Apparently the NTSC PS3 can also push 480p via SCART on something that would accept it, like a scaler.
                          Pete's post had me reeling. REELING. I didn't know a progressive signal over SCART was even a thing, but then again... who would've been using SCART like that before we got all of the clever toys that we have now?

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                            Pete's post had me reeling. REELING. I didn't know a progressive signal over SCART was even a thing, but then again... who would've been using SCART like that before we got all of the clever toys that we have now? [emoji14]
                            240p images of the 16/32/64bit consoles?

Comment

Family basic programming is going quite well, I think I've finally got it into my head the coding and values of why 'I can make Mario move' because...pending on the values of inputs...you computer geeks at there may scoff, but I really do struggle getting my head around these things!

Still enjoy dressing Mario in princess colours, i'll never forget that from the 1st time I had basic. All good fun.

Famicom Disk System next, when I finally get some of these bloody debts paid.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                                Sit in front of the CRT and play something!

Hey Jaz, where did you get the GDEMU from? I've been away from this scene for quite a while and missed all the hype about this and the Saturn one, and the USB-GDROM (any reason you chose GDEMU over the USB alternative?)

Pete
                                Sorry. I meant the USB version. I went for that because that seller was the first to contat me. I had to msg him over ICQ (WTF) a few times.

Comment

Working...
                                X