Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the few Saturn games I love. (@Tokyochojin!)

Mainvein, ?20 for those 7800 games is a ****ing steal, surely?

Comment

i hope so :-) i couldnt resist when i got offered them, just nice to find games of that age in really good condition and not squashed to death
      Dont actually have a machine yet, but when i get one should i open them up and play them or try to buy the carts of the ones i want to play?

Comment

Food Fight on the 7800 is awesome, proper 10/10 classic. It's got action replays and all kinds. Galaga was a good conversion too.

Comment

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 2

Originally posted by mainvein View Post
          i hope so :-) i couldnt resist when i got offered them, just nice to find games of that age in really good condition and not squashed to death
          Dont actually have a machine yet, but when i get one should i open them up and play them or try to buy the carts of the ones i want to play?
          Get em opened lad and enjoy, just make sure you keep the boxes safe

Comment

Well, customs have stopped dicking me around (For package 1 of 2 at least) so time for a bit of a PC-Engine update! Some of you might remember I recently picked up a pristine, new, white CD-Rom and briefcase? Well, I was a bit annoyed that the actual PC-Engine I was using with it wasn't quite as nice so I picked up this lovely little unit. Just need to swap the innards of the two around as mmmonkey has already RGB modded the one i'm using.

Also, despite my better judgement I picked up a GT. My memory told me the screen was awful, and for any game with small sprites/bullets etc it is. But with titles with bigger sprites it's actually decent. Still feels like one of the best handhelds ever to hold. It's had a full cap change as well so nice loud sound. The TV tuner, never owned one, there was never a need to (even more so now) but it was free so was nice to at least get a look at one!

And lastly on the hardware front, a Super Grafx. There's not much to say about these due to as i'm sure you all know, a tiny amount of dedicated games for them, but it was cheap and I wanted to play Daimakaimura!

I'll do some game highlights from the bundle later, there's............ummmm...........a few to pick from!

Comment

Another legendary haul I always wanted to try a Supergrafx for Daimakaimura.

Comment

What's that red cap on the PC Engine controller port, is that official, in all my years i've never seen that if so.

Comment

Yeah, when they were new they came with one in the joypad port, and one the same colour across the rear ext bus. (Which this one has also)

Comment

Ya. Different to the Core Graphics II port cover also.

Nice gets ikobo. There's a Super CD Rom 2 on AO that I may attempt to haggle for..

Comment

**** I need to buy a SNES game and slide it above That PC Engine!

Nice haul Colin. PC Engine is so tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        Well, customs have stopped dicking me around (For package 1 of 2 at least) so time for a bit of a PC-Engine update! Some of you might remember I recently picked up a pristine, new, white CD-Rom and briefcase? Well, I was a bit annoyed that the actual PC-Engine I was using with it wasn't quite as nice so I picked up this lovely little unit. Just need to swap the innards of the two around as mmmonkey has already RGB modded the one i'm using.

Also, despite my better judgement I picked up a GT. My memory told me the screen was awful, and for any game with small sprites/bullets etc it is. But with titles with bigger sprites it's actually decent. Still feels like one of the best handhelds ever to hold. It's had a full cap change as well so nice loud sound. The TV tuner, never owned one, there was never a need to (even more so now) but it was free so was nice to at least get a look at one!

And lastly on the hardware front, a Super Grafx. There's not much to say about these due to as i'm sure you all know, a tiny amount of dedicated games for them, but it was cheap and I wanted to play Daimakaimura!

I'll do some game highlights from the bundle later, there's............ummmm...........a few to pick from!

Hazza Enfield ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          Hazza Enfield ;-)
                          Haha, they were probably all a hell of a lot cheaper than you thought they were mate.

Comment

Lovely pics, tempting as always

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                              Picked this up yesterday and played through with the wife last night, such a fun game that despite the simplistic graphics seems a better game than the DC sequel.

Lol, that's one of the characters guesting in Project Cross Zone!

Comment

Which? The old guy or Bruno?

Comment

Working...
                                X