Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly no copy of Melee yet. Can't believe it's ?20 now.

Comment

I picked this up off of ebay, was a sealed GBA SP, AGS 101 in pearl green.

Here are some images, its currently on charge.

Comment

That looks lovely!

Comment

Reminds me of mint ice cream.

Comment

I ordered some stuff on Yahoo Auctions last month via From Japan and the package arrived last week. I probably had more fun doing the shopping than I will have with the items I received, but I got some rare PSO stuff that I've been hankering after for some time so it's all good.

PSO Episode I&II Trial Edition [GC]
            PSO Blue Burst Episode IV Soundtrack
            PSO Episode I&II Modem Boxset [GC]
            PSO A4 Plastic File/Folder - a promo from the Dreamcast release I imagine. Will be getting a nice black frame for it.
            Also got an Ico guide book (not pictured).

The five items, including all fees and EMS postage cost me ?100, which I didn't think was too bad - I certainly wouldn't get all that on ebay for that price, even if they did turn up! There was a ?29 customs charge though, but my wife paid that and will be giving me the GC Modem Boxset for Xmas.

Comment

That's a suprisingly good deal, you probably woudn't have gotten the trial version for that price on ebay with the inflated prices on there nowdays.

Comment

There was a BIN at ?66 recently, missing the white sleeve though. Not seen the blue burst cd on there for a long time, or a nice condition modem boxset.

Comment

I made myself a couple of reproduction Mega Drive games again over the last week. As with the last batch I try to keep them looking as authentic as possible. This means every cartridge label has to be made by hand and to look like the real deal. It's good fun plus it's better than playing a ROM on an emulator or even an Ever Drive. This way it feels a little bit more special. Still I'd love to own the originals of all these games again at some point.

Rolling Thunder 3 and Sol Deace never actually got a Japanese release so those covers had to be made from scratch. I sort of cheated with the Rolling Thunder 3 one because the images are actually from the Rolling Thunder 2 arcade flyer. I did replace the screen shots on the back with Rolling Thunder 3 ones though.

And here's Contra looking just as good as the official cartridge

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    I made myself a couple of reproduction Mega Drive games again over the last week. As with the last batch I try to keep them looking as authentic as possible. This means every cartridge label has to be made by hand and to look like the real deal. It's good fun plus it's better than playing a ROM on an emulator or even an Ever Drive. This way it feels a little bit more special. Still I'd love to own the originals of all these games again at some point.
                    very nice! agree its better than an emulator but dont see the difference to playing them on an everdrive (same thing really)

but quality work none the less.

Comment

I guess I just like the individual cartridges I do own an Everdrive but I just like using these repros more.

Comment

Those repos look very nice; i remember owning most of those back in the day..

Think that lot would cost a cool ?700 nowadays....

Comment

tell me about it. I did own most of them before my son was born but had to sell a lot of stuff to pay for baby stuff. Now I can't aford to buy them all back so these reproductions will do until I win the lottery

Comment

I think they look great. I don't mind a repro although I do fear in time, real games will be harder to come by because of them.

Comment

That is so true but as long as reproduction carts are sold as reproductions then it shouldn't be to much of an issue. I'd happily sell mine if somebody requested them but I'd be sure to explain that they were not the real deal unlike some nasty buggers out there.

Comment

Yeah I know you would.
                                I think they do have value if they bring prices down perhaps. ?100 for a game is crazy really.

I want to get a few SNES ones. Secret of Mana Enhanced, Zelda Parallel, Super Metroid Zero all appeal.

Comment

Working...
                                X