No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used a handful of times this is the extremely rare Gamecube Component cable that allows you to play supported game cube games in HD. The difference between the video quality with standard video cable and this is day and night and has to be seen to be believed.

A True collectors item currently the only one being sold in the UK on ebay I would be extremely sad to see it go but need the cash.

Ask yourself is this cable worth less then a mere weeks salary? Would you rather spend it on perishbles such as desighner clothes, a phone etc? These products are always available but somthing like this only comes round once in a while and you may not get another chance to own a cable like this that allows you to play the Legendary Nintendo Gamecube games in HD.
    I asked myself the same question and would never go back once I experienced the legendary Nintendo games in HD for the first time (such as metroid, Zelda, Smash bros etc)- only few eyes have laid eyes on HD content on the gamecube and it is something that any connoisseur of quality games must experience. I would buy it in a heartbeat again once I have funds in the future but may not be able to at this rate as there is none on sale - this cable is getting rarer by the day and at the moment the only one on sale in the UK and as time goes on this will only increase in value as it has over time.

To be truthful I hope it doesn't sell!
    Lol don't worry, with a lie ridden description a ?300 pricetag and not even boxed i don't think you are going to have any worry of it selling. They are nowhere near as rare as people make them out to be, it wasn't some mail order niche cable they were available from all games/electronics shops back in the day.
    Last edited by importaku; 21-05-2015, 15:55.

Comment

Rare as hell, heck even on my voracious exploration of Japanese DS games have i rarely seen these demo carts. Very cool but not at that price.

Comment

I have the UK version of that demo cart, although it came cart only, not boxed. AFAIK they were only issued with the pre-release Club Nintendo VIP bundle where you got the original silver machine, the standard Metroid Prime Hunters demo cart, a boxed copy of SM64DS, and a T-shirt.

Maybe someone can correct me though. I sold the DS itself years ago but always held onto the Warioware demo, the T-shirt and some other tat you got with it like a thank you letter.

That sounds interesting Speedy. I use my Wii to play GC games now but am going to move over to the WiiU. It's superb that a hacked WiiU can play domestic WiiU games, all region Wii games and all region GC games - all natively. Of course Dolphin is better but I don't have a computer anywhere near capable.
        Last edited by wakka; 21-05-2015, 18:44.

Comment

I got that too, and am racking my brains (read: inbox) to remember exactly what came with it. I could be losing my marbles but I don't remember the WarioWare demo being in there?

Comment

It deffo was mate. I remember it well as I was surprised to receive it as I thought it would just be the Prime Hunters demo. I never heard anyone mention that demo again and I don't know if it was ever shipped with any other package.

You got the massive t-shirt and a letter too, maybe some stickers or something?

I also remember that the SM64DS box was a standard UK thick transparent one with UK rating, but the cart inside was a standard US one with ESRB rating. Traded that long ago though. Presumably they hadn't manufactured the UK carts in time for the VIP release!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              I got that too, and am racking my brains (read: inbox) to remember exactly what came with it. I could be losing my marbles but I don't remember the WarioWare demo being in there?
              Could be the case that only certain people got WarioWare, as often with these promotional types of give aways if they run out of stock of one component they just carry on sending the rest of the packs without them!

Not seen the PAL WarioWare demo myself so it must be quite uncomman, guessing the cost of demos is the main reason so few where ever released or given away. Anyone know of any others besides those two?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Lol don't worry, with a lie ridden description a ?300 pricetag and not even boxed i don't think you are going to have any worry of it selling. They are nowhere near as rare as people make them out to be, it wasn't some mail order niche cable they were available from all games/electronics shops back in the day.
                Yeah, it's not THAT rare, but certainly in demand. As for being boxed, depends where he got it from originally, Nintendo.com in the US only sold them in plastic bags, there was no box unlike in Japan. Which I still own, a boxed Japanese GC component. Wonder what that might be worth now
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I found my GC component cable around the back of my TV the other day. Forgot it was even there.

Comment

No pretentious eBay ads now Barrie!

Comment

Saw this yesterday and it gave me a giggle.

?20 for an AV cable box? Get out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                        Could be the case that only certain people got WarioWare, as often with these promotional types of give aways if they run out of stock of one component they just carry on sending the rest of the packs without them!

Not seen the PAL WarioWare demo myself so it must be quite uncomman, guessing the cost of demos is the main reason so few where ever released or given away. Anyone know of any others besides those two?
                        I am going back to my parent's this weekend so I might snap a pic of it.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221775643764

Saw this yesterday and it gave me a giggle.

?20 for an AV cable box? Get out of town.
                          Someone should tell him to recycle it in the make an offer section.

Comment

So many piss takers where retro is concerned these days, it's sad.

Comment

Get your cash out for this one! ?275 for a cardboard standee plus a selection of sealed and unsealed Amiibos!

Comment

This clown is asking ?100 for the box only of the Gamecube component cable and he has the cheek to ask for another three quid towards postage!

Last edited by thetrooper; 28-05-2015, 15:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X