No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame the silly prices on populair youtubers for the most part.

Comment

The main question for me these days, is who are the people that are actually paying these prices, and what the hell do they do for a living? I've always had a good job, but even I couldn't afford to rebuy collections I've owned, prices are nothing short of insane. And although some asking prices are so far fetched items will never sell, in many cases they often do. If you're sitting on a huge collection of retro, I'd be very tempted to cash out before the bubble bursts.

When that bubble does pop though, and let's be honest it has to at some point, I'll be in there hoovering up like a madman.

Comment

Comment

A real sucker for retro gaming. I'm here all night!

Comment

What narks me about high prices currently is that there are an abundance of copies on ebay of most titles. Sure some you only see one or two a month.

Like there's 8 copies of PC Engine Tatsujin at the minute on there for over a few hundred each, there's loads out there. And you can also get the Megadrive version for ?15 and there's not a great deal between them.

Comment

+1...Spot on.

These sellers should have the balls and put them up for auction,that way the real price of what they are worth would be determined.

Comment

I fully agree.*

* Not before I finish selling off the last of my own retro kit though.

Comment

I doubt much of it sells. Ebayers want items for peanuts in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazumn View Post
                    I blame the silly prices on populair youtubers for the most part.
                    Any resource on the internet that could educate people about "obscure" video games is to "blame".

There's a limited supply of things, with increased demand there is the will of sellers to demand more money for things.

Just how it is. I dunno how long this bubble will remain but really it only affects certain types of game and consoles anyway.

Comment

Agree to a point,sure most won't sell , but most retro collectors/gamers (what ever you want to be labelled) will pay a fair price for a game they want to own.

These games we see for crazy prices will never move on unless the sellers "gets desperate for cash" which is a shame, realistic prices would keep the community happy and healthy.

Just my 2cents..

Comment

Thing is, I've seen plenty of stuff go for insane prices at AUCTION, so it does happen especially with stuff like AES games. I mean, Neo stuff was never cheap, but I've seen stuff like Japanese copies of Metal Slug 3 go for ?900+ now, I can remember buying that same game from you on here G for ?150, first print!

Comment

F***ing hell!!

Comment

Will the bubble really burst? I'd like to think so, but it seems like wishful thinking.

Comment

I have Hyper Duel and it's a fantastic shooter. I don't think I'd pay ?80 for it though, let alone ?300!
                              I got rid of quite a few of my Saturn shooters as while back and they were selling between ?40 and ?60. I sold Cotton for ?30 and that now goes for over ?150 which is insane!

I certainly won't be getting rid of any more I'd never be able to afford to buy them back again!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                                I doubt much of it sells. Ebayers want items for peanuts in my experience.
                                You'd be surprised. These days, whenever I list retro, I don't auction anymore - I put it at Buy It Now for the same price as the most expensive successful sale I can find. I then relist it about 3 times, so it's up for weeks and weeks.

Usually this results in a successful sale for far more than the items are really worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X