No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble is, thats all it takes, 1 crazy sale when some overzealous bidder pays over the odds and then suddenly everyone thinks their battered cart only copy is worth the same..

There's a seller Tokyotoyfactory, if an item sells, will immediately relist the same item for a bumped up price..
    Last edited by MiG; 23-02-2016, 20:03.

Comment

I always start my ebay listings at 99p, happy for it to sell for a bit less if it goes to good home. However finding lately lot of my stuff being bought only to be relisted at inflated price later. In most these cases I got near enough market value. This then creates nasty loop to push price up.

Comment

Not quite shocking, but it is a peeve of mine when sellers, sell bundles, for prices above the sum cost of the items being sold individually. Happens a lot with SNES bundles lately (cos apparently snes games are worth thousands).

I've priced every game individually against the mid range of recent sold values. TBH, I think they're a bit high and personally, I wouldn't pay these, but for the purpose of this exercise... -

2 x consoles with 2 x controllers each - ?80
        Super Mario World ? 17
        Super Mario World ? 17
        Super Mario All stars - 15
        Super Mario All stars n World ? 23
        Super Mario Kart - 21
        Donkey Kong Country ? 17
        Mario Paint ? 2
        Yoshis Safari ? 15
        Super Bomberman ? 20
        Wrestlemania ? 8
        Street Fighter 2 Turbo ? 13
        Street Fighter 2 ? 10
        Mortal Kombat ? 8
        Mortal Kombat 2 ? 11
        Cool Spot ? 6
        Nintendo Six Scope ? 2
        Zombies ? 21
        B.O.B. - 7
        Super Strike Gunner ? 7
        Waynes World ? 8
        Krusty?s Super Funhouse ? 7
        Jurassic Park ? 8
        Nigel mansells World Championship ? 3
        Another World ? 8
        Super Star Wars ? 14
        Spin Dizzy ? 6
        Aladdin ? 13
        Jungle Book ? 6
        Sensible Soccer ? 5
        FIFA 96 ? 2
        Universal adapter - 20
        US Zelda - 37
        US Super Star Wars - 9
        US Super Street Fighter 2 ? 10

Total comes in at ?476, if I were to purchase everything separately.

So you'd think in a bundle, things'd be a bit cheaper right (for putting up with Wayne's World and the 6 scope cartridge etc)?

Nope! Starting auction price of ?580 (cos I'm sure the seller knows exactly what they're on about and knows what their games are worth and therefore knows when they're being ripped off etc etc etc) ..or a BIN of ?830.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
          I have Hyper Duel and it's a fantastic shooter. I don't think I'd pay ?80 for it though, let alone ?300!
          I got rid of quite a few of my Saturn shooters as while back and they were selling between ?40 and ?60. I sold Cotton for ?30 and that now goes for over ?150 which is insane!

I certainly won't be getting rid of any more I'd never be able to afford to buy them back again!
          I offloaded a good portion of my shooters last year including Cotton 2 and Boomerang, but prices were quite high even back then so got decent amounts for them. It's not just the traditional shooters though. I didn't sell it as I love it, but Elevator Action used to be nailed on at ?40 last time I checked (only a year ago). More like ?150+ now! Also, the rarer platformers like Super Tempo and Tryrush Deppy...seen what they go for these days? Saturn stuff (the in demand stuff) has really hiked up lately.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine View Post
            I still can't believe I used to turn my nose up at the condition of games sold by yamatoku back in the mid 00's. Cos at least half of it is Z grade junk these days. Not B grade. Still goes for far too much, tho.

Anyway, back on topic. They've hiked up their shipping costs from 7 dollars to $14 SAL (registered only). Retroactive too - for anything unpaid from a couple of days ago. I wonder how much of their customer base they think will just absorb that price increase. Enough?

Wouldn't want to be their staff right now. My current invoice (item values at $6.50, $2.25, $2.56) has combined shipping options of $26 and $38. I don't think so.
            I also bought games from yamatoku during this period. First shipping was 7$ per game, then at the end of January it doubled to 14$ per game. I sent them an email but I never heard back.

Comment

What in the world is going on with Capcom Generation 5 on the Saturn, I bought a copy a year ago for a reasonable ish price from eBay. Was browsing the steve666b list (usually really reasonably priced to the UK) and there's one there for 75 quid! Checked the rest of eBay and it's all gone drastically up.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
                What in the world is going on with Capcom Generation 5 on the Saturn, I bought a copy a year ago for a reasonable ish price from eBay. Was browsing the steve666b list (usually really reasonably priced to the UK) and there's one there for 75 quid! Checked the rest of eBay and it's all gone drastically up.
                I noticed that as well, no idea is it with the hype around SFV do you think? I picked up a mint copy on here for a great price just a few months ago.

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Crash Bandicoot (Sony PlayStation 1, 1996) - European Version at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Is the original Crash Bandicoot that hard to find sealed?

Comment

Originally posted by ucci View Post
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEALED-Cra...-/322022587407

Is the original Crash Bandicoot that hard to find sealed?
                    It must be the general craze around that game and the fact that some suspect SCE will announce something around this. I have a Crash poster from back in the days and a Russian guy is offering me 250 pounds in order for me to sell this to him. Tempted to be honest :P

Comment

Not one to get too angry about, but something that strikes me as pure novelty is Amstrad mega pc. theres been a couple on ebay lately, full kit went for ?315 and just the base for ?288.

You can buy a megadrive (and not be stuck in 50hz world) for ?20 and get a 386 for free to 50 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        Not one to get too angry about, but something that strikes me as pure novelty is Amstrad mega pc. theres been a couple on ebay lately, full kit went for ?315 and just the base for ?288.
                        I'm sure that 15 years ago people couldn't give it away. 10 years ago it would have cost ?25-50. I think prices have gone through the roof because retro gaming became really popular and dealers, as well as the general public, realised that they could charge far higher prices for retro games & hardware.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-03-2016, 23:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

You can buy a megadrive (and not be stuck in 50hz world) for ?20 and get a 386 for free to 50 quid.
                          They've risen in price a lot over the past 4 or 5 years, they were going for ?50-?100 back in 2010/2011.

Sometimes I wish I'd bought one when I had the chance but considering the 50hz limit and availability of better DOS era computers it would have just been an oversized curiosity.

Comment

TeraDrive or bust.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              TeraDrive or bust.

Yeah, the TeraDrive is much nicer.

Comment

Working...
                              X