Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I had to share this Dreamcast with 'cosmetic mods' which is 'in excellent condition' (apart from, obviously, the cosmetic mods):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Japanese-...p2047675.l2557
    If anyone wants me to mod theirs i have the equipment

Comment

Is this really sealed ? To me it looks like it’s been shrink wrapped / repackaged ? Either way , crazy

Comment

Unless it's the type you get on modern releases like PS cases it's hard to tell, so easy for an open box to be rewrapped. Paying £800 for a game never to be opened though is such a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Paying £800 for a game never to be opened though is such a waste
          Yeah, but lets be honest, most of the people buying up these sealed retro games are not gamers, they think of them as a type of financial investment. Thank goodness for the community that there are other ways to play these games

Comment

Not eBay, but a local HardOff has an unboxed wavebird priced at £140 (¥22,000). I had to double check as I thought it was a mistake, but thats the price they were charging. Also saw a Panasonic Q + gameboy player for over £1,000 in-store as well. Are these the current going rates?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
              Not eBay, but a local HardOff has an unboxed wavebird priced at £140 (¥22,000). I had to double check as I thought it was a mistake, but thats the price they were charging. Also saw a Panasonic Q + gameboy player for over £1,000 in-store as well. Are these the current going rates?
              Kind of related, I’ve noticed prices in Suruga-ya are up loads on popular titles in the last few months. I don’t know if American’s are being priced out of their domestic market now and have started buying stuff overseas, but it’s very noticeable because I have a list of items with prices and dates that I considered buying but saved for later. Even smaller games like Gunbird on PS1 are up from under 2000 yen to over 3500. I know their prices fluctuate a lot, but they seem to be going up far quicker than they come down at the moment.

Comment

Wolfenstein 3D - 1993 Apogee Original Rare PC game on Floppy disc in Big Box | eBay

PC games have been out of control for a few years now but this surprised me. And of course the caveat for all of these old floppy disk based games:

The discs are untested as I don't have a computer that will run it/ floppy drive

Comment

Honestly, I feel like that barely factors into it - as silly as it sounds.

Comment

I'd fully expect that price to double before it closes. I saw one listed for the meagre sum of £2,400 last year and it went very quickly.

Up until this Sunday just gone you could buy the Limited Run version for $60.

Comment

I never knew!

Genuinely, I'm thinking about grabbing a CIB SFC game for my son once every Christmas. He's adamant about keeping the SFC and our small collection of CIB Super FX games, so it might be a good thing for him to build a little set. He already seems to appreciate these things as much as I ever did, probably more tbh.

For myself, I'm looking at Tactics Ogre and Sim City. The JP Sim City box art is one of my favourites of all time, and partially inspired my career.

Comment

Not been on here in a week or so, missed this post, but yeah smells of a shill there with 0 feedback but bugger me on the end price for Rendering Ranger there. Even though, as noted, there's a reprint happening. Puts my slightly scruffy CIB copy I got years back for 130 Euros into perspective...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Buckle up, here comes another one...

Comment

Brb getting my mint condition copy of BMXXX slabbed.

Comment

The grading scam is a pox on the entire hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X