Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marius View Post
    I'm rubbish at Yie At Kung Fu. Enjoyed the latest video though.

I think it was Pole who wasn't actually on the screen in the version I had. Instead objects just flew at you.

Coincidently the Konami collection is in my DS, as I've been playing Scramble and Rush n Attack. Might give Yie Ar a bash.
    That happens on one of the other versions I played too. Think it was the CPC.

Comment

C64 version of Yie Ar Kung-Fu was the very first C64 game that I played, and one of my earliest gaming experiences, when I was very young and it holds fond gaming memories - I still actually have my copy at home!

Totally worth it if only just for the awesome music by the legendary Martin Galway.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        C64 version of Yie Ar Kung-Fu was the very first C64 game that I played, and one of my earliest gaming experiences, when I was very young and it holds fond gaming memories - I still actually have my copy at home!

Totally worth it if only just for the awesome music by the legendary Martin Galway.

Saw an article on him the other day. Drives a taxi now.

Comment

The totally awesome Virtua Cop is featured on this weeks Battle of the Ports with 6 versions to show.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            The totally awesome Virtua Cop is featured on this weeks Battle of the Ports with 6 versions to show.

What a battle of the Ports !!!. This is one of my all time fav games ever and the Saturn port was and still is the best. It's simply an astonishing port, that's almost Arcade perfect (amazing given the gulf in Model 2 and Saturn spec) and the Saturn remixed music is some of the best music ever made imo. AM#2 were just incredible on the Saturn, the outcry over the poor Daytona USA Saturn port was the making of them; It just spurred them on, to produced incredible games and the some of the most amazing visuals of the 32bit gen. It also left the PS port of Time Crisis standing

AM#2 and Yu Suzuki were GODs back then. Saturn Christmas 1995 with Rally, VC and VF II will never ever be bettered
            Last edited by Team Andromeda; 11-05-2018, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              What a battle of the Ports !!!. This is one of my all time fav games ever and the Saturn port was and still is the best. It's simply an astonishing port, that's almost Arcade perfect (amazing given the gulf in Model 2 and Saturn spec) and the Saturn remixed music is some of the best music ever made imo. AM#2 were just incredible on the Saturn, the outcry over the poor Daytona USA Saturn port was the making of them; It just spurred them on, to produced incredible games and the some of the most amazing visuals of the 32bit gen. It also left the PS port of Time Crisis standing

AM#2 and Yu Suzuki were GODs back then. Saturn Christmas 1995 with Rally, VC and VF II will never ever be bettered
              Saturn Christmas 1995 means nothing to me because I was an import gamer hehe, but I know what you mean.
              More kick arse Virtua Cop action next week too!

Comment

Saturn Christmas 1995 means nothing to me because I was an import gamer hehe, but I know what you mean.
                More kick arse Virtua Cop action next week too!
                I was too, and you had to be an Import gamer to enjoy all 3. Sega Rally came out 1st in the USA in 1995, VF II 1st in Japan, only VC were you to get buy in Pal land before Christmas 1995.

Comment

Wow what a trip down memory lane, I remember getting the US version front Raven games in London, didn’t have enough for the “stunner” so had to play with a pad for 3 months until I saved enough cash!

I really did think that was as good as it gets for games. How could they improve on this those graphics......

The music was extremely memorable as well, I don’t have it for my Saturn no idea why, o do however have that stunner gun I saved for, (goes into ebay for cheap Jap copy of the game) ha ha ha
                  [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION], Forgot to mention, no Dreamcast port? Was it emulated? I always thought it was based on the PC version?
                  Last edited by dyer60; 12-05-2018, 08:41.

Comment

Is it possible to play this if you don't have an old TV?

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                      Wow what a trip down memory lane, I remember getting the US version front Raven games in London, didn’t have enough for the “stunner” so had to play with a pad for 3 months until I saved enough cash!

I really did think that was as good as it gets for games. How could they improve on this those graphics......

The music was extremely memorable as well, I don’t have it for my Saturn no idea why, o do however have that stunner gun I saved for, (goes into ebay for cheap Jap copy of the game) ha ha ha
                      [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION], Forgot to mention, no Dreamcast port? Was it emulated? I always thought it was based on the PC version?
                      Virtua Cop wasn't on the Dreamcast, that was Virtua Cop 2 youll see that next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                        Is it possible to play this if you don't have an old TV?
                        Yep, Saturn and PC ports allow the use of a mouse which works really well.

Comment

Virtua Cop wasn't on the Dreamcast, that was Virtua Cop 2 youll see that next week.
                          Of course!!!!

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Hi Guys, this week on Battle of the Ports we take a look at Virtua Cop 2. can the Saturn still keep up? Is the Dreamcast version better than the PlayStation 2? Let's find out.

Comment

I have to disagree I much prefer the 1st game , just felt it controlled and flowed better, plus the music was so much better and added so much to the game. Still a great game, didn't like the DC or PS2 versions much. The PS2 version new textures made it look more like Confidential Misson than VC II and the DC version didn't control that great with the Gun. Saturn version was best and the Stunner Gun just spot on, and yet another Saturn showcase via AM#2

Comment

I. Do agree on the music. Virtua Cop 1 had much better tunes. You're also right about the Saturn light gun. That was the best light gun ever made. I use it on my Dreamcast with a Saturn controler converter. Very useful item to have. Especially for fighting games.

Comment

Working...
                                X