No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a deeper level to this argument, ie cars vs bikes and whether people prefer to drive or ride? Some of ZipZap’s comments might suggest so.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      Is there a deeper level to this argument, ie cars vs bikes and whether people prefer to drive or ride? Some of ZipZap’s comments might suggest so.
      I was wondering the same thing. Being a driver of cars and rider of bikes I would side with the car but hey, who cares. Both are great fun in their own ways.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        I hate real life motorbikes, but I prefer Hang On and Super Hang On to Out Run, perhaps because I'm better at them than I am at Out Run.

I wish Super Hang On would get an update along the lines of Out Run 2. I don't enjoy motorbike sims, and there isn't a lot of choice for arcade racers with motorbikes. Manx TT, Road Rash and Project Gotham using bikes are about the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
          and there isn't a lot of choice for arcade racers with motorbikes. Manx TT, Road Rash and Project Gotham using bikes are about the best option.
          The bikes mode in Driveclub is pretty good. But I'd definitely prefer a pure arcade bike racer. It would be great if Sega made a tribute to both OutRun and Super Hang-On where you can choose your vehicle type.

Comment

The few times I have tried to play Drivecrud I've had no fun whatsover. I think the chances of getting anything like Manx TT or Super Hang On again are pretty much zero unless it's an indy download title.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
              The few times I have tried to play Drivecrud I've had no fun whatsover. I think the chances of getting anything like Manx TT or Super Hang On again are pretty much zero unless it's an indy download title.
              I really like how Driveclub feels like a 90s arcade style racer but with nice modern graphics. The bikes feel a bit too sensitive but you can get used to them and then enjoy that aspect of the game.

It's a shame we don't see more arcade style racers from Indie developers. A tribute to Super Hang-On or Manx TT could be really good.

What happened to that game called '90s Racer'? I was looking forward to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                I really like how Driveclub feels like a 90s arcade style racer but with nice modern graphics. The bikes feel a bit too sensitive but you can get used to them and then enjoy that aspect of the game.

It's a shame we don't see more arcade style racers from Indie developers. A tribute to Super Hang-On or Manx TT could be really good.

What happened to that game called '90s Racer'? I was looking forward to that.
                I think that 90's Racer has long since vanished. I was also looking forward to that one

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  I think that 90's Racer has long since vanished. I was also looking forward to that one
                  I remember when it was planned as a Wii U game.

Comment

Just watched the Road Runner vid, can't believe how great the C64 looked, wooooow, the screenshots were accurate, looks gooooood, smooooooth!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Just watched the Road Runner vid, can't believe how great the C64 looked, wooooow, the screenshots were accurate, looks gooooood, smooooooth!
                      It sure does look good. Just a shame it's a crap game like most of the rubbish Canvas software pumped out.

Comment

Canvas Software history vid FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          Canvas Software history vid FTW!!!
                          I saw that Kim Jusitice has done a Canvas video recently. Sad news about how the main guy ended his life.

Comment

Many have asked and here it is. Battle of the Ports Fatal Fury Real Bout Special.

Comment

Can you believe that Victor Japan (JVC) have put a claim on this video for the Famicom Classic's version of the Mappy music? Seems Victor Japan is Namco's money grabber since they've also claimed various other Namco game videos I've put up. So sad (-_-)

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Can you believe that Victor Japan (JVC) have put a claim on this video for the Famicom Classic's version of the Mappy music?
                                That really is crazy. I hope YouTube don't allow the claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X