• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, you'll hear "Game Over, Yeah~~~" a lot in this video

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      That 360 remake looks awesome.
      It really is. Plays just like the Saturn game but looks and sounds fantastic. I so wish they'd do the other 3 tracks as DLC. I'd be all over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        It really is. Plays just like the Saturn game but looks and sounds fantastic. I so wish they'd do the other 3 tracks as DLC. I'd be all over them.
        Been delisted now, Sega Rally online was pretty good.

You missed off Sega Rally 2006 on PS2 which is the best game since the original and that does feature remakes of all four tracks, however they aren't unlocked till late into the game.

Comment

I did feature it It follows the arcade version. Or are the versions on Sega Rally 2006 different than the actual bonus disc that came with it? That bonus disc is just an emulation of the arcade.

Comment

You only included the bonus disc which is just a port. The main game does feature remade versions of each course which are played in the arcade time attack mode so you should have included both. I think series 5 in arcade mode is the original tracks.

Comment

Ah, that's a problem because I don't actually own Sega Rally 2005. I had no idea it featured remakes of the original tracks. People only told me to buy the bonus disc as it was worth owning more that the actual game. Looks like I was misinformed.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Have to say I was never that impressed with Virtual Racing in the Arcades or the home . Just couldn't get on with the game at all
                It was "novel" as opposed to genuinely good.

As an avid arcade gamer at the time, I loved it, but it was part of a progression, which went from titles like Pole Position to Super Monaco GP, and onto Virtua Racing, followed by Daytona and so on.

3D racing games weren't anything new, really. There were plenty at the time for the Amiga. STUN Runner was already pretty old in the arcades.

Virtua Racing though was interesting because it was 4 (or more) player on more than one screen (seems daft, but that was earth-shattering), and it tried to re-create "real life" in a crude way. Most 3D games back then, such as Elite and Mercenary were sci-fi, with triangular shaped ships and buildings made up of cubes. VR's ferris wheel and cars that looked like F1 cars (if you half-closed your eyes) really were something new and exciting.

For years, I've heard people say "it was the first 3D game", which we all know to be false. However, I think that was a testament to its underlying quality. Hard Drivin' may have been earlier, but I've always felt that Virtua Racing was the first 3D game I played that made me think "all games are going to be 3D soon", that 3D would start to replace 2D as the standard for most console games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  For years, I've heard people say "it was the first 3D game", which we all know to be false. However, I think that was a testament to its underlying quality. Hard Drivin' may have been earlier, but I've always felt that Virtua Racing was the first 3D game I played that made me think "all games are going to be 3D soon", that 3D would start to replace 2D as the standard for most console games.
                  I think Namco's Drivers Eye's stole VR thunder years before and in many ways Namco system 21 board started the love affair with 3D polygon graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    I think Namco's Drivers Eye's stole VR thunder years before and in many ways Namco system 21 board started the love affair with 3D polygon graphics
                    That's fair. In my case, I saw Virtua Racing long before titles like Cybersled, but that's subjective of course.
                    Last edited by Asura; 12-05-2014, 19:57.

Comment

A little late this week due to real life being busy but it's now here, another Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Have not watched yet but I know the C64 and Amiga versions are amazing.

Amazing piles of ****.

Spectrum fanboys always fap themselves senseless over their version but it looks and plays like a turd to me.

Comment

You're spot on with the PCE version, I've got it and was so disappointed....it plays so so badly

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                            Spectrum fanboys always fap themselves senseless over their version but it looks and plays like a turd to me.
                            Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks that. It looks OK but the Speccy version of Chase H.Q. still plays like crap due to the same stupid control system.

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram
                            You're spot on with the PCE version, I've got it and was so disappointed....it plays so so badly
                            Thank you! I can imagine a lot of come back from slagging the PC Engine version but it really is a load of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Thank you! I can imagine a lot of come back from slagging the PC Engine version but it really is a load of crap.
                              To put it into perspective, I love Chase HQ ( I'm affected by the childhood arcade memories ) and I also really like a lot of the arcade conversion the PCE gets...they're not always spot on but the playability is usually there with some nice takes on the original music/gfx. A friend of mine picked Chase HQ up along with some other PCE games on his way back from Japan.

I played it once, it's horrible. Part ex-ing the saturn version all those years back was a big mistake, I'm still on the lookout for a reasonably priced version.

Comment

I'll watch this later. Like the series Yak. So what is the best version of Chase HQ?

Comment

Working...
                                X