No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SNES version wins on the strength of Katsuya Terada's artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
      The SNES version wins on the strength of Katsuya Terada's artwork!
      That artwork is beautiful without a doubt.

Comment

Yeah I find myself most drawn to the SNES version. The FM Towns version looks good too.

Comment

It's a shame the Game Gear version is just a Master System compatibility mode game, the way the game is laid out would have worked really well for a dedicated Game Gear port. Non-scrolling screens and the strong contrast between light and dark with the backgrounds could negate all the usual GG screen headaches.

Unfortunately it'll just be a shimmery mess like the rest of the GG-SMS ones, so probably best avoided!

Comment

Shame you missed the C64 port from ten years ago, it's probably the best and closest to the original Apple II version due to the code porting.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Yeah, I had no idea about that one. I checked the wiki but only saw mention of a speccy unofficial port.

Comment

EasyFlash Release: Prince of Persia 1.1 by Mr. SID. Released on 5 November 2011

If you want to have a look at it...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

A short but sweet ? Battle of the Ports this week. Mainly because I'm stuck in work !

Comment

3 games in one on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

I remember 3 Wonders in my local Sega World . Only ever played the action/platform sub-game, and yes I also noticed more than a slight similarity to Ghouls n' Ghosts!

Comment

Classic that started life on the X68000 but sadly ended on the Wii.

This week on Battle of the Ports we take a look at Phalanx

Comment

Enjoyed that used to love that X68k version recall emulating it loads because of the over the top soundtrack in the early 2000s. Been trying to pick up the SFC version for ages bit even the lose cart is 70 plus notes these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            Enjoyed that used to love that X68k version recall emulating it loads because of the over the top soundtrack in the early 2000s. Been trying to pick up the SFC version for ages bit even the lose cart is 70 plus notes these days.
                            70 quid for a loose cart? Bloody hell, that's crazy. You'd probably get one cheaper in mint boxed condition using a proxy service on Yahoo Auctions.

Comment

Starting the build up to Halloween early on Battle of the Ports, with Hexen!

Comment

It's time to remaster a very old Battle of the Ports. Ghouls'n Ghosts was originally the 4th Battle of the Ports ever made. Now this remaster is show 434.
                                Features more games, higher resolution video, 60fps and voiceover.

Comment

Working...
                                X