No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is weird - wasn't there another Hook game which was like a scrolling fighter, like final fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      This is weird - wasn't there another Hook game which was like a scrolling fighter, like final fight?
      Yes, Irem’s Hook arcade game.

System16 - The Arcade Museum. Detailed Hardware information on Arcade Hardware and Systems.

Comment

It is possible to polish a turd?

Comment

This week on Battle of the Ports, the last Gauntlet game developed by Atari

Comment

One of the great unknown shooters of the 90's this week on Battle of the Ports.

Comment

This week on Battle of the Ports we take a look at the world's first forced scrolling horizontal shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                This week on Battle of the Ports we take a look at the world's first forced scrolling horizontal shooter.
                The Grandfather of Gradius!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  The Grandfather of Gradius!
                  Yep, that is sure is.

Comment

Ooh, wasn't defender the first side scrolling shoot em up?

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                      Both games came out in early 1981 but there is no solid release date for defender as with so many western games . Scramble was released in March. But I'm sure I said it was the first forced scrolling horizontal shooter. Defender isn't forced scrolling as the player controls the direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                        It might well have been, but the lineage of Gradius is with Scramble because they are of course both made by Konami.

Comment

I remember the intro of Gradius Advance first introduced the bit of retcon that places Scramble as officially first in the Gradius series, and… It works and makes sense, really.

Comment

Anyway, I enjoyed the Scramble on the DS’s Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits compilation – you could play Scramble with the DS turned sideways for an accurate(ish) screen ratio.

Comment

Gradius was originally planned to be Scramble 2

See: https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=42299

Comment

It's time to get wet

Comment

Working...
                                X