Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Could you throw me over the mame code for the scanlines, lettuce? That would be great. I do agree that the ones used in the videos are pretty strong.

Yeah, I found out about the Ocean Robo Cop deal after making the video. A major cock-up on my end that was.
    Here you go, just copy that over to the same section in you mame ini file,

#
    # DIRECT3D POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
    #
    hlsl_enable 1
    hlslpath hlsl
    hlsl_prescale_x 1
    hlsl_prescale_y 1
    hlsl_preset -1
    hlsl_write
    hlsl_snap_width 1920
    hlsl_snap_height 1080
    shadow_mask_alpha 0.075
    shadow_mask_texture crt_shadow_mask.png
    shadow_mask_x_count -3
    shadow_mask_y_count -2
    shadow_mask_usize 0.375000
    shadow_mask_vsize 0.250000
    curvature 0.0
    pincushion 0.3
    scanline_alpha 1.2
    scanline_size 1.0
    scanline_height 1.0
    scanline_bright_scale 1.0
    scanline_bright_offset 0.0
    scanline_jitter 0.0
    defocus 0.2,0.2
    converge_x 0.2,0.0,0.0
    converge_y 0.0,0.0,0.0
    radial_converge_x 0.2,0.0,0.0
    radial_converge_y 0.0,0.0,0.0
    red_ratio 0.85,0.15,0.0
    grn_ratio -0.05,1.05,0.0
    blu_ratio -0.025,-0.025,1.05
    saturation 1.3
    offset -0.15,-0.16,-0.16
    scale 1.15,1.16,1.16
    power 1.1,0.95,0.8
    floor 0.018,0.018,0.018
    phosphor_life 0.0,0.0,0.0

#
    # NTSC POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
    #
    yiq_enable 0
    yiq_cc 3.59754545
    yiq_a 0.5
    yiq_b 0.5
    yiq_o 1.570796325
    yiq_p 1.0
    yiq_n 1.0
    yiq_y 6.0
    yiq_i 1.2
    yiq_q 0.6
    yiq_scan_time 52.6
    yiq_phase_count 2

#
    # VECTOR POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
    #
    vector_length_scale 0.8
    vector_length_ratio 500.0

#
    # BLOOM POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
    #
    vector_bloom_scale 0.3
    raster_bloom_scale 0.18
    bloom_lvl0_weight 1.0
    bloom_lvl1_weight 0.21
    bloom_lvl2_weight 0.19
    bloom_lvl3_weight 0.17
    bloom_lvl4_weight 0.15
    bloom_lvl5_weight 0.14
    bloom_lvl6_weight 0.13
    bloom_lvl7_weight 0.12
    bloom_lvl8_weight 0.11
    bloom_lvl9_weight 0.10
    bloom_lvl10_weight 0.09

Hopefully wont be too demanding for your laptop
    Last edited by lettuce; 27-05-2014, 17:08.

Comment

Christ sake, all I needed to do was read a couple of posts above to see scanlines were already being fixed
      I just wanted to watch the videos.

Comment

No worries. The MAME scanlines will be fixed for the next video or if that code drives the laptop nuts then I'll just remove them.

Comment

No worries. The MAME scanlines will be fixed for the next video or if that code drives the laptop nuts then I'll just remove them.
          Nice, also if you want the rounded corners that you see in my pics on the other page, in the HLSL folder in mame, overwrite the post.fx file with this one......

Comment

8MB, pretty big for a text file I'm not sure if I'll use the rounded corners but I will take a look at it to see how it looks on various games before I decide.

Comment

Thanks for answering my question about the JB King on YouTube Yakumo.

Personally, I like the scanline settings you use. I have my SLG3000 cranked to near the maximum. Personal preference and all that.

Comment

No problem. The only issues I remember with some joyking pads from the states was that they didn't like working when a Wildcard or such device was plugged in to the Super Famicom. Games like NBA Jam would come up with a message saying unsupported device.

By the way, the next Battle of the ports is going to be Street Fighter Championship Edition.

I was thinking about the Normal Street Fighter II but that wasn't ported to many consoles such as the PC Engine or Mega Drive. I think Champ' edition / Turbo was probably the most widely ported of the two. Or maybe do Super Street Fighter 2 as that keeps things simple but in that case we loose the Famicom and Master System games, hmm......
                Last edited by Yakumo; 30-05-2014, 02:31.

Comment

Streetfighter 2 Championship Edition would be great, it spans so many formats.

Edit : I really like the PCE version, I even ended up buying 2 Avenue 6 pads, although it's the Saturn version that gets the most played these days.
                  Last edited by jonathan_ingram; 30-05-2014, 06:02.

Comment

Any chance of a Parodius battle of the ports?

Comment

Originally posted by pentarou View Post
                      Any chance of a Parodius battle of the ports?
                      It's on the to do list but I think there are only about 6 versions of the original parodius.

Coming within the next 24 hours

Comment

8MB, pretty big for a text file I'm not sure if I'll use the rounded corners but I will take a look at it to see how it looks on various games before I decide.
                        8MB?, should only be 8KB?

Comment

ah yes, I was in work doing 20 things at once so I miss read it.

I tried out the settings but I have to say they were not for me. The curve on the screen is way too strong. I ended up going with no scan lines at all. Still thanks for the help.

Battle of the Ports - Street Fighter II (Show #21) out now on YouTube

Comment

Can't believe you called the Snes sound "nasty", the sampled music was so much better than the PCE and MD's MIDI music!
                            Turbo on the snes was ruined when they added that crappy reverb though, should have used the World Warrior sound for comparison really.

Comment

Nasty compared to the arcade. The PC Engine and Mega Drive are more arcade sounding. I didn't mean it was nasty in gerneral. The punch sound effect on the SFC version are nasty though. Far too muffled.

Comment

Nasty compared to the arcade. The PC Engine and Mega Drive are more arcade sounding. I didn't mean it was nasty in gerneral. The punch sound effect on the SFC version are nasty though. Far too muffled.
                                Ah I see what you mean now, yeah it was kinda muffled compared to the arcade version.
                                Crazy really because the SNES is the only one (of those 3) that actually used the exact same samples that was used on the arcade, they were just downsampled to 22khz, which was a shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X