No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, The Sega Saturn by far followed by the FM Towns. You could say that the PS2 version on the Taito collection disc is the best but that's emulation and I don't like the PlayStation pad Never have since day one. That's why I use a very sexy metalic red Hori pad for my PS2.

Comment

Lovely stuff as always, Yakumo!

Strange how the Saturn version is called Chase H.Q. Plus: Special Criminal Investigation, but is different to the arcade version of S.C.I. because there's no guns in it.

Did anybody play Chase H.Q. 2 in the arcades from 2007? It was full 3D polygons as opposed to scaling sprites like all the other games in the series.

Obviously, you've made me curious about playing the game again and I was surprised how tough it was. Am I just awful at it, or is the arcade original definitely designed to be a coin-gobbler? Are the home versions easier without the requirements to syphon your loose change?

The cab was great too!

"Let's go, Mr. Driver!"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Strange how the Saturn version is called Chase H.Q. Plus: Special Criminal Investigation, but is different to the arcade version of S.C.I. because there's no guns in it.
        For some reason, I remember that as a compilation of both arcade games. Was it something different?

Comment

There are guns in Saturn SCI tho.

Hadn't you done this Battle of the Ports before? Anyways, Amstrad version FTW.

Comment

The best version of Chase H.Q. is Ray Tracers.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Speccy version is pretty decent, certainly more than the version the C64 got! But as you say, in today's world, why wouldn't you be playing it on the Saturn or MAME?
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Lovely stuff as always, Yakumo!

Ah, that's because the Saturn disc contains both Chase H.Q. and S.C.I. The next BOTP will cover all the S.C.I, versions In fact it's already half made.

I'm happy that your guys are liking the videos. Help spread the word to your gaming buddies

Comment

New Battle of the Ports - S.C.I.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    New Battle of the Ports - S.C.I.

Might want to read up on how to set the various Amiga chip sets up in WIN UAE A500 521K Ram is what this used I think or get another image as there is lots of bad ones out on the net.

Here's how it should have looked:

Last edited by S3M; 26-05-2014, 10:00.

Comment

Yeah, I think the image is poor. The emulator was set up ok. If I had time I would have looked for a new image. It's hard to imagine just how much stuff I have going at once

Comment

Yakumo, loving your video but please for the love of god change your scanline settings for MAME, there just tooo sharp. If you want i can provide you with HLSL settings and just paste them into your MAM.ini file. Heres the results.....

But even better is to use RetroArch for all your emulator needs, has even better CRT, scanline effect that what mame can achieve, as it capable of running more or less every system going! Here so shots or RetroArch CRT shaders.....

Last edited by lettuce; 27-05-2014, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Well, there's something I never knew. thanks for that info. I wish I had known that before making the video Oh well...

It's that time again

Actual Ocean gained the rights to the Robocop license as the film was still in the scripting stage on a whim (which paid off) and then re-licensed it to Data East to do the arcade version, whilst Ocean made their own home versions

Comment

Could you throw me over the mame code for the scanlines, lettuce? That would be great. I do agree that the ones used in the videos are pretty strong.

Yeah, I found out about the Ocean Robo Cop deal after making the video. A major cock-up on my end that was.

Comment

Need to get rid of the scanlines from the arcade videos. The ones you are using is just a crappy image/filter and don't actually look any thing like a real 15khz monitor.
                              If you want a real authentic look, mess with the HLSL settings, but for these port videos you are just better off leaving it raw.

Comment

Will do for future videos.

Comment

Working...
                                X