Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    It's not that, feedback and suggestions for improvements are probably welcome and they always promote some discussion, but I just imagine poor Yakumo spent and exhausted checking in to see what the guys think and the first comment always seems to be some criticism!
    Fair point.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    It's all in the delivery.
    Yup. Emoticons at the ready for next time then.

Comment

Hey, no worries guys. If someone has a "complaint" that's fine. I sort of know about spelling issues due to fatigue so I'm not too arsed about that. What I don't like is when someone says, "well what about that version or this version?" when I've actually put a note in the videos description or on the video it's self explaining why such a version was missing. I welcome comments about versions I may have missed due to not knowing about hem such as the 3DS version of After Burner in this latest video I had forgotten all about that.

Comment

Curious how many more BOTP there will be? there can be only so many series of games left now to do, you have covered quite a lot so far. Love seeing all the various versions, especially when there's a speccy one in there too hehe. Ah spectrum you try your best

Comment

There's going to be at least another 20 I have plans for another 40 games right off the top of my head

Comment

Wonder why the Gamegear didn't get After Burner, but got G- Loc and Aerial Assault.

Surprised to see all the games in the Sega Arcade Gallery described as complete crap. The After Burner certainly is, but I found the Space Harrier playable enough, and the Super Hang On was quite fun.

Good video - looking forward to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
              Surprised to see all the games in the Sega Arcade Gallery described as complete crap. The After Burner certainly is, but I found the Space Harrier playable enough, and the Super Hang On was quite fun.
              Not a fan of GBA Sega Arcade Gallery either. It could've been because I was playing it off of an emulator on my Wii, but it runs so slowly that it's unplayable.

Comment

The GBA Sega Game Galley could have been so much better IMO. I don't think any of the games on it are done well. They all have faults that shouldn't be there

Comment

The biggest issue with the Sega Game Gallery was the lack of saves for high scores!

Comment

Today sees another new Battle of the Ports - Art of Fighting

Comment

It's really amazing how much novelty affected 80s/90s arcade titles. I was a kid at the time and I loved games like Art of Fighting. I was convinced it was way better than Street Fighter II in the arcades (though not at home; even as a kid I could see the difference with the ports on this one).

From playing it now, though, it looks very poor in parts and the animation, whilst technically impressive, is pretty jerky. I actually think it plays quite poorly. I think I was just blinded by the zoom feature and the gigantic sprites.

Comment

Art of Fighting in general does play poorly. The CPU cheats, the animation even on the Neo Geo is bad and the collision detection is a joke at times. I still like it though

Comment

Rubbish game. Those sprites looked amazing in magazines at the time though.

Comment

Battle of the Ports - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Battle of the Ports - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Opps Yakumo, afraid you are wrong about the version on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus it is a port not emulated. I'm guessing you don't have access to it?

The reason is a number of in game graphics have been changes for some unknown reason, this includes the picture of April on the TV and in the sewer section you see a crocodile. Some Pizza locations have also been changed. Really odd changes with no reason behind them.

The Amiga's version is a ports of the awful Atari St, not the other way Retro Gamer interviewed the guy who did them both. NB the Amiga's version was so bad that it was recalled about a week after release never to be seen again, partly due to Image works going bust just after release.

Yeah I'm a bit Turtles fans and all the ports of the game back in the 90's sucked.
                              Last edited by S3M; 07-08-2014, 17:57.

Comment

Ah yes I don't have access to the Turtles 2: Battle Nexus game so I had to go off of what I'd read on the net

It's funny that the ST version is a lot better than the Amiga version concidering it's based upon it. The Amiga version is total ass though as far as playability goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X