Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Ah yes I don't have access to the Turtles 2: Battle Nexus game so I had to go off of what I'd read on the net

It's funny that the ST version is a lot better than the Amiga version concidering it's based upon it. The Amiga version is total ass though as far as playability goes.
    Unless it's posted on bordersdow,n 99% of what is written on other internet site is ****.

If you badly want footage of it I can easily record some, I have all three of the later Konami turtles games and while the first one was a bit rubbish the second and third ones where rather good if you like scrolling beat'em ups. The port of the first game was awful but the port of turtles in time on the third one was rather good.

Yeah I should have mentioned I own the Amiga's version and it is awful truly awful.

Comment

I couldn't help but laugh that the first post was a complaint!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        It what all Turtle fans do at the moment after all Michael Bay is doing the new movie.

or

Last edited by S3M; 07-08-2014, 20:40.

Comment

Don't start this sh1t again!

Comment

Good job on the AoF video, I wanted to do something similar a while back but it took too long and gave up lol.

The MD version is the only version with parallax scrolling in some of the backgrounds (maybe because it doesn't have the zoom), also I think the controls are the most responsive on the MD version or at least I found it was the easiest version to perform special moves on.

Comment

The MD version of Art of Fighting does indeed have nice parallax which is good to see and yep, it7S the only version you can pull the "dragon puch" off in with out too much trouble.

S3M, that "Leonardo's reaction to Michael bay's ninja turtles" video was great and yeah, that's how I feel too. He's already kiiled my dream of Transformers and now he's going to do it to the turtles

Comment

New Battle of the Ports - Joe & Mac

Comment

There are spelling mistakes, the aspect ratio is wrong and you've missed the Bandai Pippin version!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Art of Fighting in general does play poorly. The CPU cheats, the animation even on the Neo Geo is bad and the collision detection is a joke at times. I still like it though
                    I disagree it could quite easily be done with one life and each play through is different whereas the second one was always about routines to beat the characters like jumping kick for Yuri and could only get to around the 5th character and always dreamed of fighting geese - damn you Baseley ( I did get to fight Ryo in fatal fury special though)

Sprite detection could be bad on micky's stage but that's the only issue I've seen

Comment

There are spelling mistakes, the aspect ratio is wrong and you've missed the Bandai Pippin version!

Yeah but like I care

Comment

New Battle of the Ports - Quartet

Comment

Love the music in the arcade version, what is going on with the face of the female character in the master system version? It looks like she either has the worlds most square chin or she has a beak the asian looking redraw of her on the ceremony screen makes it look like she has a nosebleed lol

Comment

Also one of the few arcade games that starts with a Q worth playing, asides from QBert & Qix

Comment

Can't watch at work (will view later), just anticipating what was said for the crummy C64 version heh...

Quartet, Q*Bert, Q*Bert's Qubes, Qix, Quantum, Quadrapong, and god knows how many games that began with the word Quiz. Those I can think of off the top of my head heh...
                              Last edited by Mayhem; 29-08-2014, 17:24.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The C64 version may not be great but at least I didn't fall asleep playing that version unlike some others

Comment

Working...
                                X