Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle of the Ports - Action Fighter

Comment

Great video Yakumo (subscibed), I actually like the Master System version the best to be honest but again it is easily the version I have played the most.
      The ZX Spectrum has a place in my heart and it is quite a surprise to see monochrome especially when you see how colourfull Spy Hunter was on the system.

Comment

Thanks for subscribing, aticatac. Tell your friends too

Comment

Ah this game brings back so many gaming memories, that screechy Master System music is branded on my soul. It was a shame you didn't show any footage of the car and plane modes from the MS and home computer versions but other than that top mark's on the show. I didn't know it was an arcade port either.

Comment

Ah, I wanted to but I'm really bad at the game. I just can't play it these days. I think I'm getting slow in my old age. I'll be 39 this November

Comment

Battle of the Ports - Fatal Fury Special

Also, fans of the 60fps versions of the show can get instant access by donating to the show at http://www.patreon.com/bofp

They will eventually be added to the official site after 2 months but people who donate get access instantly as soon as the YouTube videos are made public.

talking of site updates, I'm working on one right now so expect it to go live in an hour or so - http://www.segagagadomain.com/botp/botp-menu1.htm

Comment

It's that time of the week for a new Battle of the Ports. You'll notice that there are two versions this week

Comment

Game Gear version of Fatal Fury looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Game Gear version of Fatal Fury looks awesome!
                    it sure does. I remember being given very impressed with it when I played it on a real game gear back in 1998.

Comment

Glad you rated PCE FFS. I think you seem to like the system a lot more than you used to which is great.

Comment

Nah, I've always liked the PC Engine but I still think that Devil Crash and Aero Blasters just to name two are better on the Mega Drive. The PC Engine is a great system though. Just Bought a few more titles for it from a junk auction on Yahoo. Best thing is that once the games were swapped to new cases they looked brand new. I'll post a picture in the buys thread in a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Nah, I've always liked the PC Engine but I still think that Devil Crash and Aero Blasters just to name two are better on the Mega Drive.
                          Aero Blasters is probably better on the MD, but Devil Crash is debatable - it feels like it plays better on the PCE.

Comment

Show 35 - Battle of the Ports - Smash TV (with voiceover & Text Bar!)

Comment

You should perhaps give the C64 version another shot... it's actually a pretty decent conversion, it's a SINGLE load (quite amazing given the scale of the game) and you can use two joysticks for dual move/shoot action! It's what I did when playing the game back when it came out. But yes, you're not going to play it today over the SNES or MAME versions...
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I did like the C64 version more than the ZX version but playing with the keyboard didn't help. I will go back and give it another try at some point. I liked the fake sounding speech effects in the game

Comment

Working...
                                X