No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the C64 version was released in 1982 I believe, and one of the earliest games out for the C64, then it isn't a bad effort. If it had been released in 1985, then yeah, it would be a poor game by comparison
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Man, I absolutely adored choplifter on the master system.

Comment

Good video. Not often we see 5200 and 7800 versions, or ColecoVision ones.

Was Choplifter released on any compilations for more recent systems?

Comment

I don't know but someone said that they had played it on a PC. I'm sure there wasn't any official DOS version of it.

Comment

My first real experience of Choplifter was on the Game Boy, but the first game was Choplifter II, so didn't make this video (I'm presuming!). It's interesting that Choplifter came out in '82 for the Apple II and got a bunch of conversions, then Sega, in a bid to make games that appealed to the West, made the arcade version a few years later and then that got a bunch of home conversions! It's not very often that happens!

Has anybody tried Choplifter HD? It's on XBLA, PSN, Steam and Android.

A similar arcade game at the time (1985) that I loved was Sky Kid!

Comment

I reemeber playing the hell out of Choperlifter in the Dirty Duck Arcade in porthcawl and just being really amazed that if anything the Master System looked better in parts - Loved the MS version . It's a shame so many people overlooked the MS it one of the best consoles ever made imo with a stunning selection of games

Comment

The Master System version is indeed better looking in many areas and plays just as well as the arcade. The only real poor point about the Master System version is the audio but even that is not too bad.

Comment

All new video - Battle of the Ports - Densha de Go!

Comment

Really? Densha de Go? A bloody train driving sim?

You REALLY don't want to cover a certain beat-em-up on BotP, do you?
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 31-01-2015, 10:53.

Comment

Nope but I know I'll have to Actually, I was really busy this week so I needed to do a quick video and since there are only 6 versions of the original Densha de Go I covered that. The PC release is missing from the video as I couldn't get hold of that version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Considering the C64 version was released in 1982 I believe, and one of the earliest games out for the C64, then it isn't a bad effort. If it had been released in 1985, then yeah, it would be a poor game by comparison
                        Also, like jetpac on the zx48, one of the first ROM cart games

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          All new video - Battle of the Ports - Densha de Go!

Yay, a nice break from the norm. I loves me some densha action. How come you left out the N64 version though?

Comment

Ah, because the N64 game is based upon Densha de Go 2 like the DC and Neo Picket versions. Or was it something original? I just remember it not being a port of the original arcade game

Comment

Even though i was hugely into N64 back in the day i never actually got around to getting densha on it, not sure if it's based on the first game or one of the later ones i know it had some weird VRS mic integration allowing you to announce the stations as you pulled into them. Usually for my densha fix i play railfan on ps3 or the shinkansen one on the wii, like the DS version too especially as it has a showa era mode to see densha de go in a very unusual way.

Nice to see a quirky game series get a BOTP treatment, if you ever get around to doing requests then rainbow islands is my one i'd love to see. There are a lot of versions of it too making for an interesting show. The spectrum version is especially bad lol, i had to make do with that back in the day

Comment

You'll be happy to know that Rainbow Islands is on the to do list I'm looking forward to doing that one myself .

Comment

Working...
                                X