No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The C64 version isn't THAT hard, or maybe I was better at those sorts of games back then heh. Difficult yes, but stupidly hard? I don't recall it being so. Managed to get a fair way into the game back in the day.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I was playing the games pretty late so that didn't help plus there the dead line I think if I had more time to put in to the game I could do better but it was definitely the most difficult version closely followed by the Master System.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
        I still feel bitter over Mean Machine's drubbing of MD Shadow Dancer, did they actually play the game? It's a tremendously underrated game, one of the machine's finest.
        Couldn't agree more.

For me, MD Shadow Dancer has aged better than the Super Shinobi games.

Comment

Battle of the Ports - Kyuukyoku Tiger or Twin Cobra if you'd like

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Controversial.

Comment

Were you playing Toaplan shooting battle on a PS2? I think it is one of the few games that is incompatible unfortunately..

If you have a PS3 (a Japanese one) it should work on that, or a PS1.. at least it means you probably don't have a faulty copy of the game

Comment

I was indeed using a Japanese PS2. I don't have an original PlayStation anymore or a PS3. Bummer, looks like I'll have to run it on the Dreamcast via Bleamcast.

Comment

Love the way the Famicom version sounds so rubbish coming immediately after the great-sounding Megadrive version.

The Megadrive version seemed a bit too zoomed in to me. There didn't seem to be much playing space above your helicopter, which seemed larger than in the other versions.

Comment

Yeah, the MD version is zoomed in quite a bit but doesn't really suffer for it.

Comment

One of the greatest shooters of all time....love it. Cheers for the vid. :-)

Comment

One of the best shooters ever made . I have to say the MD version was the best for me, its AI was better than the Arcade and the best AI I've seen to any shooter .

Comment

The PCE port will always have my affections outside of the coin-op.

Comment

That show was dangerous to do as I didn't want to upset PC Engine fans. I do think the PC Engine game looks better than the MD version but sound and AI aren't as good.

Comment

On a par those two ports, I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X