Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, i shall look forward to it

Comment

Bubble Bobble is easily one of my all time favourite games, I dread to think how many 10p's I fed in to the arcade cab as a kid. The Master System version is probably my favourite outside of the original, was always baffled why there was no PC-Engine version.

Comment

Adored Bubble Bobble on C64. Managed to finish it as a kid.

Comment

I had Bubble Bobble until recently on C64 floppy disc, one of my favs too. I also adored The New Zeland story of which I had the Amiga version and have very vivid memories of playing it from Christmas morning until bedtime.

I miss the days of collecting fruit....
          Last edited by 'Press Start'; 16-03-2015, 21:40.

Comment

Putting in a request for Shadow Dancer
            You know you want to

Comment

Shadow dance only has 3 versions doesn't it? Arcade, Mega Drive and Master System. I need at least 4.

Comment

Wikipedia says Arcade, Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Sega Master System, ZX Spectrum

Comment

QC is right there is far more than just 3 versions of Shadow Dancer, always better to check sites like moby games, wiki makes way to many mistakes due to the way it works. But I certain remember the adverts for the Amiga version at the time.

Detailed release information for Shadow Dancer. Including release dates, countries, product codes, publishers, developers and other credited companies.

Comment

I think if you want to make a request, you need to be a botp Patreon!
                    http://www.patreon.com/bofp

Comment

Hehe, yes that's right thanks, QualityChimp.

That was news to me regarding Shadow Dancer. Another one for the list I feel.

Comment

Bubble Bobble is one of the finest arcade conversions on the C64. Yes, it isn't arcade perfect, a couple of the jump/scenery mechanics are slightly different, and obviously many of the rare, hidden object triggers aren't quite the same. But it has the secret rooms, and all 100 screens in one load. I managed to get my copy signed by the programmer Ste Ruddy

(he also programmed the C64 versions of LED Storm, Bionic Commando and Ghouls 'n Ghosts)
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

All games I loved on C64. He was clearly a good coder.

Comment

I think I liked Bionic Commando on the C64 when I covered it on BOTP a few weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              All games I loved on C64. He was clearly a good coder.
                              Damn right. I happened to randomly find him by buying a datasette on eBay. I saw the name and queried if he was THE Ste Ruddy, to which he said yes. So I sent my Bubble Bobble inlay to him along with payment (this is ages ago, a cheque, no Paypal heh) and asked him to sign it
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

This week's Battle of the Porst is a really tough game.

Atomic Robo-Kid

For some reason the embedding of video on forums doesn't work any more. I think YouTube have changed the link options.
                                Last edited by Yakumo; 21-03-2015, 11:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X