• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you add Tiger Heli / Twin Cobra?

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
      Could you add Tiger Heli / Twin Cobra?
      Sure, why not. As long as there are more than 3 or more ports that aren't emulation.

Comment

Arcade, Famicom, PC Engine and Megadrive off the top of my head are the ones I know of. A quick wiki suggests a couple more.

Kyuukyoku Tiger, not Tiger Heli I meant.

No idea how easy it is to emulate them.

Cheers for doing the shows. I always enjoy watching them.

Comment

Mr Heli had an Amiga release too; I had it.

Comment

Mr Heli came out on the C64 too.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mr. Heli has been added to the list of future episodes along with Kyuukyoku Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                I guess it's because the arcade Shadow Dance wasn't all that good. I much prefer the Mega Drive release. Not sure why ESWAT was changed though.
                Shadow Dancer is a fine coin-op. Only problem is the brutal difficulty of it.

Comment

It's a testament to how much we enjoy these videos that we keep asking for more, MORE MOAR!

I love the boxart for all the Tiger Heli games. Probably more than the games, if I'm honest!

Oh wait, that's Charl Schwartzel, not Tiger Woods.

Comment

Great stuff guys. Started work on the next show last night. Followers on Twitter will know what it's going to be @RetroCoreYakumo

Comment

Shadow Dancer - Battle of the Ports!

Comment

This is going to sound weird, but I have very distinct memories of playing Shadow Dancer for the Amiga, but the version in that video isn't the one I played.

Yakumo, did they later do a port of the Megadrive's game to the Amiga, as Shadow Dancer 2 or something?

I remember it very well because the dog was such a weird idea; it didn't look anything like the version in this video.

Comment

There's only one version of Shadow Dancer on the Amiga as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Enjoyed that, loved the arcade version and MD version although different is still a firm favourite of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                              Enjoyed that, loved the arcade version and MD version although different is still a firm favourite of mine.
                              They're both excellent games in their own right. Tsukachan's work on Shadow Dancer's music (especially the MD version of the game) is outstanding.

But I STILL don't understand why the MD port is a re-adapted game, especially when the MS version is basically a port of the coin-op (a similar stunt that was pulled with E-SWAT).

Comment

I still feel bitter over Mean Machine's drubbing of MD Shadow Dancer, did they actually play the game? It's a tremendously underrated game, one of the machine's finest.

Comment

Working...
                                X