Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecco the dolphin ? or sonic cd ?
    Last edited by eastyy; 17-04-2015, 16:39.

Comment

Nope. The game ip originally didn't belong to Sega until the later days of the Dreamcast.

Comment

The wait is over

Comment

Awww yisss, love puyo puyo.

Comment

Didn't even know that Puyo Puyo had coin-op roots. Always thought it was just a massively successful home console/computer series.

Comment

Nope, it all started n the arcades. Back n 1997 I'd play Puyo Puyo a lot in the arcade near my apartment.

Comment

Interesting to finally see a Neo Geo Pocket Color game show up in one of your videos Though the version of Puyo seems pretty crude. Even the Wonderswan version looks better.

Was the Wonderswan more powerful, overall, than the NGPC, forgoing the NGPC's colour display and ability to have sampled speech? (the latter ability used by about 2 games) Looking at a few videos online, the WS's games look very technically proficient (though the NGPC holds up usually due to SNKs brilliant sprites).

I've never actually played on a Wonderswan. To be honest, back in Japan in 2006 they weren't the easiest things to come across; you could find them if you went looking, but just like in the UK, you would trip over Game Boy consoles in second-hand shops.

Comment

The WonderSwan has always been very easy to find since its release. I guess you were really unlucky. The model you need is the WonderSwan Crystal. That's got a nice screen that you can actually use in daylight.

Comment

I had Super Puyo Puyo for the Super Famicom back in the day. Got it quite cheap and enjoyed it.

Comment

My fave is still puyo puyo sun 64, love the sun mechanic especially when you attain enough combo skill to make it rain planets on the other side although it was a bit of a letdown as i wanted to see all of them fall but as the screen can only hold so many ojama puyos so all you got was an instant game over for the losing side. Knowing that the icons symbolised 100's of ojama puyos waiting to rain destruction was a lot of fun though.

I do like that the later games kept all the play rules from the earlier games the 20th anniversairy has a lot of cool options for puyo fun.

Comment

The next Battle of the Ports has been decided. It will feature over 20 versions of the same game! What game could it be?

Comment

20!? Tetris?

Comment

Probably not, as many of the home computer versions came prior to any of the arcade versions. And the home console/handheld versions are not really conversions of the arcade.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Hmm maybe Pacman, i know there are a lot of those as nearly every console and handheld has some form of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                Probably not, as many of the home computer versions came prior to any of the arcade versions. And the home console/handheld versions are not really conversions of the arcade.
                                That's 100%. In fact the only home port to be based upon the arcade was never officially released. That's the MD version.

I'm not doing pacman either it's a game that people keep asking for and boy was I shocked at the amount of versions. It's even on the BBC Micro!

Comment

Working...
                                X