No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually started playing versions of the game featured in the next show about two weeks ago There's just so many ports.
    Just asking as too many on YouTube just download a emu and play it for 5 mins and I didn't like how in your Super Hang-on Vid you never used the turbo button , when that was the main selling point of the game :P

Comment

Well as explained, I'm terrible at Super Hang-On which is why I never use the turbo button

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Nope, but that one is on the list for future episodes. Last night I recorded the Nintendo footage for this game. 7 versions in total spread over 5 games.
        WTF can it be? Space Invaders? Can't be as most ports have major changes and it would be too tedious to play...

Comment

Well, you'll find out on Saturday morning as I'll upload it at around 3 pm Japanese time.

It's on a few old systems such as the Apple] [, BBC Micro and the typical euro home computers plus the Saturn and even Nintendo DS.
          Last edited by Yakumo; 23-04-2015, 15:39.

Comment

Hmm Y's

Comment

20 odd versions of Y's? Nope, not that either.

Comment

Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja!

Dragon Breed!!
                Last edited by 'Press Start'; 23-04-2015, 22:52.

Comment

Well, you'll find out on Saturday morning as I'll upload it at around 3 pm Japanese time.

It's on a few old systems such as the Apple] [, BBC Micro and the typical euro home computers plus the Saturn and even Nintendo DS.
                  Lode Runner?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                    Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja!

Dragon Breed!!
                    Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja was not ported to that many systems let alone the BBC Micro or Saturn as mentioned above

Good guess on Lode Runner, Jaz but it's not that either. Last night I recorded 8 more versions of the game including an FM Towns version. Tonight I'll do the ****ty euro 8 bit ports. Actually, they may be good. Then Saturday do the voice over and edit it all together.

Comment

Lemmings? Bubble Bobble? Flying Shark? Operation Wolf?

Those were my fav FM Towns games and they are fairly popular...

Suggestion:

Patreon - Pledge $1 an episode and I'll tell you the game covered in advance so your life is not unduly disturbed.

Comment

Haha, I like that idea I'd love people to do that.

Actually you mentioned the game above. Bubble Bobble.

Comment

Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja was not ported to that many systems let alone the BBC Micro or Saturn as mentioned above

Good guess on Lode Runner, Jaz but it's not that either. Last night I recorded 8 more versions of the game including an FM Towns version. Tonight I'll do the ****ty euro 8 bit ports. Actually, they may be good. Then Saturday do the voice over and edit it all together.
                          The C64 and Amiga ports are awesome, especially the C64.

Spectrum is probably ****, probably scored 98% back in the day and is almost certainly fondly remembered by many internet saddos as being arcade perfect - so par for the course.

Comment

The Amiga's port of Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja looked great but you couldn't jump correct making some of the jumps near impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                              The Amiga's port of Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja looked great but you couldn't jump correct making some of the jumps near impossible.
                              I remember Stuart Campbell ripping it a new one in Amiga Power for that reason. Think he gave it 9% or something.

Comment

It's supported 1MB Amiga's for extra graphics and looked near arcade perfect, it's just you couldn't jump diagonally, you had to instead jump up them move left or right. The jumps where so hard as a result you would lose like 3 or 4 lifes getting passed each one. I still have my old Amiga copy boxed up too.

First level was easy enough but the jumps in the second stage was where the nightmare began.

Comment

Working...
                                X