No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on friday hurry up i'm itching to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      That's 100%. In fact the only home port to be based upon the arcade was never officially released. That's the MD version.
      The Tengen NES version is a conversion of the Atari Tetris coin-op. The Sega Mega Drive game is a version of the Sega Tetris coin-op. So, erm, take your pick! For the record, I prefer the Atari version.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Sega I've never seen the Atari version. I do know of both NES versions however.

Comment

Puzzle Bobble - or has that been done?

Comment

No that has not been done but it's not that.

Comment

You should do Soul Calibur 1; it's one of the few arcade games I remember that was released onto a significantly more powerful home machine with a huge graphical upgrade.

Comment

Not much of a battle though.

Comment

I'm not doing pacman either it's a game that people keep asking for and boy was I shocked at the amount of versions. It's even on the BBC Micro!
                  How much play time are you giving each version Yak?. I hope you are being fair and now just downloading a emy play it and recorded it for 5 mins and shove it up.

Comment

Each version gets about 1 hour of play. Of course I'm not completing each version of a game as that would take forever plus BOTP isn't a review show as such, just a basic idea of what a version is like. Something which can be found out easily with an hours worth of play.
                    I actually started playing versions of the game featured in the next show about two weeks ago There's just so many ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Each version gets about 1 hour of play. Of course I'm not completing each version of a game as that would take forever plus BOTP isn't a review show as such, just a basic idea of what a version is like. Something which can be found out easily with an hours worth of play.
                      I actually started playing versions of the game featured in the next show about two weeks ago There's just so many ports.
                      If you play Spectrum games for an hour, your Patreon should be a million a show...

Comment

Haha, how true.

Comment

Donkey Kong?

Comment

Nope, not Donkey Kong although I will add that to the list.

Comment

My only other guess would be Gradius.

Comment

Nope, but that one is on the list for future episodes. Last night I recorded the Nintendo footage for this game. 7 versions in total spread over 5 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X