Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    It's Saturday which can only mean a new Battle of the Ports

One of my fav arcade games. Played it so much back in the day and now own the PCB.

I know it's pretty **** but love it anyway.

Comment

I love the fact that Karnov cameos as Stage 1 Boss.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-05-2015, 06:02.

Comment

The C64 version wasn't bad (I had played the arcade version by that point), but a little easy, I did manage to beat it in a few goes!
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

You're a better gamer than I am. I couldn't beat it. It is a pretty good effort. The scrolling is very nice on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
            One of my fav arcade games. Played it so much back in the day and now own the PCB.

I know it's pretty **** but love it anyway.
            It is cack but yeah, I can see the apeal

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              It is cack but yeah, I can see the apeal
              I used to be able to go to my local arcade and only drop 40c for about 90-120 mins of gameplay Could beat this one one credit and then beat Heavy Barrel on another. Both Data East games.

These days, both kick my ass.

Comment

I used to be able to go to my local arcade and only drop 40c for about 90-120 mins of gameplay Could beat this one one credit and then beat Heavy Barrel on another. Both Data East games.

These days, both kick my ass.
                Tell me about it. These days games I could complete on the highest difficulty setting kick my ass played on normal or even easy at times The older you get the more you lose the skill.

Comment

Are you emulating the Amiga? because you can jump forward and there should be music. I get the feeling it isn't being emulated accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                    Are you emulating the Amiga? because you can jump forward and there should be music. I get the feeling it isn't being emulated accurately.
                    I remember not being able to jump easily. You need to tap up on the joystick, then immediately hold forward, this being the direction you're facing (left or right). In other words, ****.

RevStu is slightly off here...(but not by much)

Last edited by Jaz; 03-05-2015, 12:01.

Comment

I remember not being able to jump easily. You need to tap up on the joystick, then immediately hold forward, this being the direction you're facing (left or right). In other words, ****.
                      RevStu is slightly off here...(but not by much)
                      Nice to see I'm not the only one who though there was no jump. The controls are pathetic

Comment

Yakumo, have you ever done Fatal Fury or Samurai Shodown?

Comment

Nope but I did cover Fatal Fury 2 Special. I want to do Samurai Spirits / Showdown but my issue would be the 3DO version. 3D0 emulation is pretty hit and miss at times and theres no way I'm buying a 3D0 I'll see how well the 3D0 emulation is on Samurai Spirits. If it's good I'll add it to the list.

Here's the Fatal Fury Special video.

Comment

Thanks Yakumo; that Game Gear port really is quite amazing. Having owned one back-in-the-day, I suspect that's the best 1-on-1 fighter on the system.

Comment

It probably is. I remember playing it on a real Game Gear back I 1998 thinking it looked like a mini Neo Geo

Comment

Quite a few people requested this one - Battle of the Ports - Samurai Shodown / Spirits

Comment

Working...
                                X