Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
    The C64 and Amiga ports are awesome, especially the C64
    Oh no. The Amiga version is actually a bit crap. . Yes, it looks like the arcade but the amount of bubbles you can blow at once is limited to every other second. The C64 port is nice. Speccy is crap as is the official CPC version bug the home brew CPC version kick arse! The video is now complete with just the voice overs to do. Man, this is the biggest Battle of the Ports ever. Close to 30 versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Oh no. The Amiga version is actually a bit crap. . Yes, it looks like the arcade but the amount of bubbles you can blow at once is limited to every other second. The C64 port is nice. Speccy is crap as is the official CPC version bug the home brew CPC version kick arse! The video is now complete with just the voice overs to do. Man, this is the biggest Battle of the Ports ever. Close to 30 versions.
      Yep, you're right. I was thinking of Rainbow Islands which is pretty good of the Amiga.

Comment

Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja was not ported to that many systems let alone the BBC Micro or Saturn as mentioned above
        Yeah, I missed that on the previous page.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
          Yep, you're right. I was thinking of Rainbow Islands which is pretty good of the Amiga.
          That was the magic work of Andrew Braybrook. A very shy man (and slightly strange fella, I'm led to believe) but a technical wizard and someone who's skills I used to admire greatly.

PS - Not sure where all the Spectrum hate comes from. Ports of brightly coloured sprite-laden 8 or 16bit games with amazing soundtracks were obviously not it's forte, but some of it's original titles were amazing.

And I'm no Sinclair fanboy. My home computer genesis looked like this: Vic 20->C64->C64+1541->Amiga 1000->Amiga 1500->Amiga 4000.

Comment

The Amiga port of Bubble Bobble actually put me off buying an Amiga back in the day. I ended up buying a C64 instead! The Master System version of Bubble Bobble is my personal favourite though. Twice as many levels and great fun to play in two player mode.

Comment

Hurrah it's here, been looking forward all week.

Comment

Pretty painful to watch as so many of the versions were just plain awful, I had to skim through most of it. Watching Yakumo's play style was....ummm....interesting. Always a game that will feature in my all time top ten.

Comment

Worth mentioning that ports aside, the worst-looking physical version of the game is the DS one:

Yes, that was a thing. It happened.
                  Last edited by Asura; 25-04-2015, 09:29.

Comment

Mark you deserve a medal for playing through that many horrible versions of bubble bobble i'd have given up ages ago. God that DOS version it sounded like a bunch of guinea pigs been raped with a bag of recorders. The Apple version was equally as bad, bub looked a bit confued at what to do as the game decided weither to bother adding some sprites for him to attack lol.

Comment

That video took me 5 days to complete!! Normally they take 2 or 3 at most. I'm not doing another big one like that for a while.

Comment

Can't complain about the C64 write up there heh, it really IS the best home computer version imo. Staggering what Ste Ruddy did. The BBC version isn't bad either by the video, certainly more impressive than I was expecting.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The BBC Micro version is pretty impressive. Just the mid level loading ruins the overall experience.

Comment

Fond memories of playing this with my bro. I believe it also fetched me the most ??? when I sold my C64 Floppy disc collection a few years back.

Comment

Not surprised heh, it's one of those games that actually has a reasonable value despite being fairly common, due to how good it is.

The inlay Ste Ruddy was nice enough to sign for me
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It's Saturday which can only mean a new Battle of the Ports

Comment

Working...
                                X