Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Quite a few people requested this one - Battle of the Ports - Samurai Shodown / Spirits

My mind must be playing tricks on me...could've sworn you already did a Samurai Spirits BotP?

Comment

Nope, that was Fatal Fury Special.

Comment

Nope, that was Fatal Fury Special.
        No mate, I do know the difference between Garou and Samurai Spirits - but thanks all the same.

It felt like you had done Spirits before.

Comment

Yakumo, did you play Samurai Showdown on an NGPC emulator, or on an actual console?

The one NGPC emulator I ever used caused the games to have jerky motions/poor timing, whereas I find the actual machine a lot smoother.

I haven't played the first Samurai Showdown game on NGPC but I do have the sequel, and I consider it a very good game. Does anyone know if they're significantly different?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Yakumo, did you play Samurai Showdown on an NGPC emulator, or on an actual console?

The one NGPC emulator I ever used caused the games to have jerky motions/poor timing, whereas I find the actual machine a lot smoother.

I haven't played the first Samurai Showdown game on NGPC but I do have the sequel, and I consider it a very good game. Does anyone know if they're significantly different?
            He's playing it on emulator Asura, so Yakumo is talking out of his arse then. Do you have a NEO GEO Pocket Yakumo?

All the emulators are **** for the NGP and you should know that Yakumo if you own a unit, what emulator did you use to record it Yakumo? As the only one that even remotely matches the correct speed of the NGP is the terrible MESS. All the other emulators are plagued with slowdown we had all sorts of problems when we tried to record footage of King of Fighters R-1 to get a video that matched the Neo Geo pocket's speedy correctly in the end only MESS can. It was the only emulator when we ran it against the real machine that didn't lag heavily. Might want to redo that video and certain change your emulator for future NGP videos.

Here's the real speed of the NGP on King of Fighters R-1, don't have time to video Samurai Showdown at the moment otherwise I would:
            Last edited by S3M; 10-05-2015, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

For the show it was played on an emulator but it plays just the same on a real console.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                He's playing it on emulator Asura, so Yakumo is talking out of his arse then. Do you have a NEO GEO Pocket Yakumo?
                Excuse me? Did I ever say I was playing it on a real console? Of course it was emulation otherwise it would be hard to film unless I had a modded unit or devkit. And to answer your question, yes I DID have a Neo Geo Pocket but not any more. You can see images of it on my site. I sold it because I just can't get in to handheld gaming which I'm sure I've mentioned many a time.

That Samurai Shodown game plays just the same on a real Neo Geo Pocket. It's not a great game at all. The emulation did not effect the way the game plays. The emulator used is called Neo Pop

Comment

That Samurai Shodown game plays just the same on a real Neo Geo Pocket. It's not a great game at all. The emulation did not effect the way the game plays. The emulator used is called Neo Pop
                  NEO Pop was last updated in 2004, it's a really out of date emulator that does about half the framerate of the real Neo Geo Pocket. Of course it going to affect the gameplay as it's running at half the speed causing massive slow down, which is what you see in your video. So no it does not play the same as the real console which is far smoother.

All the NEO GEO pocket fighters are solid games and I suggest you try it in MESS if you no longer have a real unit to compare it against. You'll enjoy the game a lot more if you do.

Quick video of how it should play on the NGP:

It's still not 100% but as you can see from the intro alone the game is far smoother just look at the way the scroll and the parasol move. Match fighting is also smoother and faster. Sorry Yakumo I just don't like people bashing games when there not playing a version that's even closely matches the original.
                  Last edited by S3M; 10-05-2015, 23:39.

Comment

So, what's next? Bomb jack?

Comment

Hmm, it's a very popular cute shooter. Still have a few versions to capture. Been doing g this one on and off for a few weeks now.

Comment

Hmm, it's a very popular cute shooter. Still have a few versions to capture. Been doing g this one on and off for a few weeks now.
                        Twinbee?

Comment

No but a good guess. This game may be older than twin bee or at least around the same age.

Comment

A bit late this week due to work but it's finally here

Comment

There you go Mark, embedded it for you.

Yay, my weekend just got a bit better. Will watch this while scoffing my sunday roast

Comment

Cheers mate. I was posting from my phone so the YouTube app doesn't give the proper link.

Comment

Working...
                                X