No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weeks Battle of the Ports is out now.

Comment

I saw only 10 minutes length, and wondered, wow, aside from the usual home computers and the Famicom, did it get any other ports? Evidently not! The C64 version is... erm... well, it's alright, but a bit gash heh.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The man reason this show is so short is because all the home versions are stupidly hard. The MSX version just won't end either. I know what I need to do to complete the first stage ( kill 3 or 4 of those fire breathing Buddhist guys) but they just wouldn't appear on the MSX. I got two and that was it

Comment

It's another big one this week with Gauntlet

Comment

MD version didn't look, sound or control any thing like the original arcade version, how could you class it as the best?
            Clearly the GBA was the closest of them all, in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
              MD version didn't look, sound or control any thing like the original arcade version, how could you class it as the best?
              Clearly the GBA was the closest of them all, in every way.
              Easy, because it's more fun than the arcade. The GBA version is way too slow. It also plays nothing like the arcade if the Mega Drive version doesn't. The GBA has a slow fire rate, characters walk too much in to an enemy before a hit is counted (bad collision detection) and the speech sounds worse than the MD version which is worse than the arcade. The view is also zoomed in way too close.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I think the MD version is the best. If you think the GBA version is the best then that's cool. That's your opinion

Comment

Liked this weeks episode, curious though that the atari lynx version wasn't covered as well. I'm guessing there aren't many decent lynx emulators out there.

Comment

Ah, the Lynx version isn't based upon Gauntlet 1 but in fact Gauntlet 3.

Comment

Ah that'll explain it then hehe, i thought it was based on the first game. This weeks was kind of interesting as i never knew there were thay many versions of gauntlet to start with.

Comment

There's an apple 2 version as well but I couldn't get it to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Easy, because it's more fun than the arcade.
                        Yeah, I love the MD edition. I really like the music that accompanies the action. It's my favourite home version of Gauntlet. I wish I had bought it back in the day, but I must have thought Gauntlet was too old school at that time. I really missed out.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 07-06-2015, 13:24.

Comment

I like a lot of these BotP's videos Yakumo, but you're hilariously inconsistent on what merits being the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            I like a lot of these BotP's videos Yakumo, but you're hilariously inconsistent on what merits being the best.
                            Yep, it all depends upon my mood at the time I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Testify.

Comment

Battle of the Ports - Pit Fighter

Last edited by Yakumo; 14-06-2015, 07:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X