Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    I've moved away from Sega for the next show. Just adding the voice over for it tonight. It's a classic Taito shooter and no, it's not Darius related.
    Slap Fight?

Comment

Slap Fight or Tiger Hawk ?

Comment

Black Tiger!!!!!

Flying things....Flying Shark?????

Comment

Slap Fight isn't by Taito. That's by Toaplan isn't it?
          Ok, I think it's hint time. This is a late 80's horizontal Taito shooter with Chinese influence.

Comment

Slap Fight isn't by Taito. That's by Toaplan isn't it?
            Ok, I think it's hint time. This is a late 80's horizontal Taito shooter with Chinese influence.
            Taito published Slap Fight . Its not Cloud Master then ?

Comment

Hmmm... a Darius game?
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Taito published Slap Fight . Its not Cloud Master then ?
                Chua Taisen or better known as Cloud Master. You got it!

Comment

Interesting, left-field choice...I had the SMS version back in the day...I only found out fairly recently it was an arcade conversion.

Bet you're sick of people making requests but I like to push it...so as I'm gonna be getting Black Tiger, are you also considering Wonder Boy In Monster Land?

Your channel is joyous, btw. I look forward to your vids every week, no bumlicking, just raw, uncut truth. Admire the effort you put in.

Comment

Black Tiger cover work has been made but I'm calling it black dragon since that is clearly a dragon on the art

Expect the video in two weeks. I'll start playing all the versions from today.

Wonder Boy in Monster Land will be coming at some point. May leave that for the 100th show
                    Last edited by Yakumo; 25-08-2015, 04:19.

Comment

Excellent! I'm stoked!! Something uber cool about the style of that game.

Can't wait for the Monster Land one. Know it came out on a lot of platforms. I had that PC Engine version ('Bikkuriman' iirc?)...felt pretty much almost arcade perfect but with changed sprites. Superb game. Kind of don't wanna see the Amiga version again...but DO...was it really as shocking as I remembered?

Comment

What game isn't shocking on the Amiga
                        I think the Wonder Boy show will take a while to put together but I do have plenty of time for that. Say about 18 weeks.

Comment

Rodland? Toki? Pang? It had a few decent arcade conversions. Nowhere near as many as it should have had given the hardware, granted.

Comment

My comment was kind of a joke which is why I added the face.

Comment

I get the joke - because I bought Chase HQ.

I'd say a lot of Amiga games(especially arcade ports) were disappointing. Lots of conversions weren't, for one reason or another, very professionally made, It's a shame, because there are examples of what the Amiga is capable of in the right hands. It's just a sad fact that many titles just didn't do the Amiga justice.

I go back to the Amiga quite often and still enjoy the best it has to offer. It's just shame that a lot of Amiga games just don't come close to the best 16-bit(and often 8-bit) consoles have to offer.
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 26-08-2015, 00:09.

Comment

I bought Amiga OutRun. On pirate. And I wanted my money back. The Speccy version looked more faithful to the arcade.

Ghosts N' Goblins was pretty good with nice graphics...yet Ghouls N' Ghosts looked a bit retarded next to it. Right mixed bag, Amiga conversions.

Comment

Working...
                                X