Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Had they added another 4mbit to the SFC cart, it could have at least had all the content. Poor programming for lack of two player also. Poor show.
    It was an almost launch title, so there is a degree of still getting used to the hardware, although it could have been remedied with Final Fight Guy instead of the shoehorned extras.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      MCD version for me. I know it's slightly slower than the arcade and suffer's from the MD's muddy palette, but f*ck me the soundtrack is jawsum.
      Quoted for truth. Possibly THE greatest game soundtrack of all time. Certainly the only one I have ever put into my CD player.

Comment

Quite impressed by the GBA version.

Comment

The GBA version is really good. Just a same they based it of the SFC version. I guess it was easier that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            The GBA version is really good. Just a same they based it of the SFC version. I guess it was easier that way.
            Based it on the SFC version? I don't think so. If anything, Final Fight One is closer to the coin-op than the SNES/SFC version. Not missing a level for a start, more faithful intro artwork...

Comment

Nope, it is based upon the SNES game. Just check out the missing background objects. They are all the same as the ones missing in the SNES game. Also the first subway was re-drawn on the SNES and it's the same re-drawn one used on the GBA. The animation of the women when punched is the same as that used on the SNES game. The arcade had different animation that showed the breasts a little just like the Mega Cd and X68000. On stage 2, the doors on the train don't open, just like the SNES. Just because the GBA version features more stuff than the SNES doesn't mean it's based upon the arcade version. It's based upon the SNES and improved in many ways.

Comment

Which is unsurprising when you consider the machine was essentially a portable SNES.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  Which is unsurprising when you consider the machine was essentially a portable SNES.
                  exactly. And we all know Capcom has loved the easy option over the last 5 years or so. I reckon they could have done a real arcade port but it probably would have been too much effort.

Comment

Where does the myth of the GBA being a portable SFC come from? The hardware is totally different.

Comment

I liked the gba version out of them all, the music is awesome. The Japanese version is best though

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Where does the myth of the GBA being a portable SFC come from? The hardware is totally different.
                        Yeah. The millions of ports, the Mode 7, the vibrant colours. The machines were worlds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          Quoted for truth. Possibly THE greatest game soundtrack of all time. Certainly the only one I have ever put into my CD player.
                          It is the best console version for me and while the music is awesome . I have to say Batman Returns and XJ220 soundtracks were CD player material

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            Based it on the SFC version? I don't think so. If anything, Final Fight One is closer to the coin-op than the SNES/SFC version. Not missing a level for a start, more faithful intro artwork...
                            It's based on the SNES port of "Final Fight Guy" and not the SNES port of "Final Fight" as Guy features the missing level from the first port. I feel Yakumo should have included a video of both SFC versions as Guy is a big improvement over the first release.

The other classic give away about the SNES/GBA version is that it only ever has three enemies on screen at an one point. The Mega CD also has a limited max of about six enemies.

Proper Games were a bit naughty with their 360/PS3 port and there logo can be seen on some of the wall signs.
                            Last edited by S3M; 01-09-2013, 13:45.

Comment

I thought Guy didn't have the missing level?

Comment

I thought that too. FF Guy is the same as normal Fight Fight isn't it? Just with Guy instead of Cody. That's why I didn't bother with the normal Final Fight on the SFC.

Comment

Working...
                                X