No announcement yet.

Sega Saturn - 20th Anniversary of Japanese launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the view on Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru these days, know it's very overpriced these days and not that rare at all.

For me it's a decent platformer that makes good use of the Saturn's power, very skillfully as well, one game you have to really master in order to 1cc it.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
      What's the view on Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru these days, know it's very overpriced these days and not that rare at all.

For me it's a decent platformer that makes good use of the Saturn's power, very skillfully as well, one game you have to really master in order to 1cc it.
      Think the game its self is ok but nothing more and its far too hard for its own good . That said as a showcase game for the Saturn hardware it's hard to beat and shows what developers could do when they used the 2D and mixed it with 3D and made decent use of the VDP II

Comment

I asked in another thread but thought this thread will be more relevant.

I'm interested in a Japanese Sega Saturn as I've been hankering for some retro Sega goodness and have a particular affinity for their early 3D games. I did own a Saturn in the past (Modded) but if I played it for more 30 minutes and opened the disc tray, it refused to play any games intill you let it cool off and then restart. Not ideal!

On eBay, they have all the games I want in the form of Sega Rally Plus, Virtua Fighter 2, Steep Slope Sliders, Sonic Jam and House of the Dead for reasonable money.

What Japanese Saturn should I be looking for and what kind of price is a fair deal?

Comment

Working...
        X