Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro gaming to avoid, the worst of the worst.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea there was an Indy one too. I will never try it.

It's a real shame because I think the idea of what Yoda Stories is could have actually been a really good game.

Comment

Need to play Yoda Stories just to see how bad it is, as a Star War game is it worse than Super Bombard Racing?

PC version of yoda stories doesn't look much better:

Last edited by S3M; 01-08-2015, 13:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        It's a real shame because I think the idea of what Yoda Stories is could have actually been a really good game.
        Yeah, the idea was quite sound - a desktop game (like Minesweeper) which was like a Star Wars roguelike, where each time you booted it up, Yoda gave Luke a procedurally generated mission and you carried it out, each mission taking less than an hour.

It also came out in the era when many of Lucasarts games required (or at least, were pretty much unplayable without) a 3D card, so they made several games which were specifically targeted at the PC market that didn't have them - so Yoda Stories, Star Wars Rebellion, etc.

It's perfectly fine in theory; it was just terrible in execution.
        Last edited by Asura; 01-08-2015, 14:15.

Comment

Masters Of Ter?s K?si?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            Masters Of Ter?s K?si?
            I always wanted to play that as a kid. It was one of the few Playstation games, as a Saturn owner, that I lusted after in the console's early days (I didn't own a PS1 until around the era of Vagrant Story/Metal Gear Solid).

Comment

Another shout for the original TR on PS1...still not sure how this got past QA.
              And like others..i really enjoyed Altered Beast on MD, although, game is a breeze.

Comment

The Simpsons Wrestling. Dull, dull, dull.

And to think that, after dithering for a while in a store, I chose it over Incredible Crisis...

Comment

Fahrenheit.

Just play the demo and imagine what could have been because the entire game goes to **** the moment it ends. Alternatively you could keep playing and snap your fingers trying to get past one particular quick time event.

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                  I understand what you're saying BUT...

On one hand we have universally acclaimed 9/10 or 10/10 playstation games that a few angry people who complain about everything found something to dislike about them...

On the other we have Superman 64, E.T. (Amiga), Sonic and the Black Knight and Bikini Karate Babes (real game, PC/Mac)

This is kind of amazing, I had to google it just to confirm it was real.
                  Last edited by Cepp; 01-08-2015, 15:01.

Comment

Is Fahrenheit that terrible? It's a game I've started many times but never continued with. I know it was hyped up as something awesome and genre-defying. It seems quite pretentious but I like it when games get pretentious.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I always wanted to play that as a kid. It was one of the few Playstation games, as a Saturn owner, that I lusted after in the console's early days (I didn't own a PS1 until around the era of Vagrant Story/Metal Gear Solid).
                    It was worse than a game called "VS." on PS1, if that means owt? Worse than the Wu-Tang game. Worse than Criticom. But obviously the Star Wars trimmings make it interesting. But they're bad trimmings. I'd pay ?2 max for it from a charity shop, just as a curio.

Comment

It's the only game I really cannot stand, I'm probably just bitter though since I got myself unusually hyped and bought it at launch. There might be some enjoyment to be had in a "so bad it's good" kind of way since the story goes bat**** insane.

Comment

Gah...it's one of those games I've owned for ages that in my head I feel I *have* to play. Like Skyrim, MGS3, GTAV, God Of War 3. I don't know why I feel that way about it. Always procrastinating it. Hear it's a long game, too. Gah two times.

Comment

Quantic Dream aimed very high when developing Fahrenheit. The game starts really well, it tried a lot of new things. Somewhere along it there's a huge and very jarring gap in its story and then the end is bonkers.

Comment

It's also one of those games that was sold on a demo that doesn't feature in the final game (like the demo is a scenario related to the intro of the game, but not the same). The demo did some really cool things with camera-in-camera, and had a CGI David Cage (the creative director) freeze time and walk around the scene, extolling the virtues of the game.

That demo, I've always felt, sold me a game that was different to the final product.

Then again, I've disliked everything QD have made since Omikron. I just feel stuff like Heavy Rain tries so hard to be a movie, but if you could turn off the gameplay and watch it as a movie, it'd be a crap movie shot/cut/scripted in a manner that thinks it's a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              This is kind of amazing, I had to google it just to confirm it was real.
                              What is it with game designers, and characters shooting flames from random parts of their body? Dhalsim and his mouth made sense. Flambe titties do not. Neither did the Scotsman lifting his kilt to shoot a fireball in Kasumi Ninja.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                What is it with game designers, and characters shooting flames from random parts of their body? Dhalsim and his mouth made sense. Flambe titties do not. Neither did the Scotsman lifting his kilt to shoot a fireball in Kasumi Ninja.
                                Nothing beats Shaq-Fu or does it?

Comment

Working...
                                X