Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro gaming to avoid, the worst of the worst.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S3M View Post
    Nothing beats Shaq-Fu or does it?
    I think we may have a winner here. I've always felt that Shaq Fu is distinguished in gaming for being a bad game fully from concept to execution. I have no idea how it even exists. I can only assume it was funded by a private individual who really believed in it, which makes things even more tragic.

Comment

Rise of the Robots is surely worse?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        I would say no, because RotR has a single redeeming feature - the visuals (mainly the FMVs) were really amazing at the time.

Shaq Fu is just terrible.

Comment

I've not played Shaq. Knew it was bad but no idea it is worse than Rise bad!

Comment

I've not played Shaq. Knew it was bad but no idea it is worse than Rise bad!
            The gameplay is admittedly a bit better than Rise. I mean Rise of the Robots is dreadful.

I think it's along the lines of Rise excelling in at least one area, whereas Shaq excelled in none.

Comment

What about some of these classics

Home Alone - Snes

Bubsy - Multi

Pitfighter - Snes

Race Driving - Snes

F1 Circus - Mega CD .

Superman - N64

Bug Bumble - N64

What this thread also proves is there was plenty of **** in the so called Glory days

Comment

I think Pitfighter on the Snes tops that

Comment

Was about to say, I definitely remember having a lot more fun with Shaq Fu as compared to Rise of the Robots - it's a far more competent fighter. I think my favourite thing about it though is just how ridiculous a concept it is. I can't remember if it was before or after 'Michael Jordan - Chaos in the Windy City', but that was positively straight-laced by comparison.

Comment

I remember reading about Superman 64 being an absolute clunker. Did anybody have it? Did they get any enjoyment out of it.

I used to love the Superman arcade game, but I was always confused who the guy that 2P controlled!

...but I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      What this thread also proves is there was plenty of **** in the so called Glory days
                      The difference being that the grand majority of this ****e never sold. Thanks to massively inflated marketing budgets and funded damage control by the gaming press rubbish software no longer has this issue.

Comment

Hmmm... try Bebe's Kids on the SNES, that is arguably more dire than Superman 64!
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I LOVED this! Loads of fun. They had it in a local chippy and I spent a fortune on it. Damn microtransactions!

Comment

I remember reading about Superman 64 being an absolute clunker. Did anybody have it? Did they get any enjoyment out of it.
                            My mate had it and it was terrible .

The difference being that the grand majority of this ****e never sold.
                            You're having a laugh . The likes of Busby, Superman 64 (didn't it top the charts in the USA), Home Alone, Tomrrow Never dies , Nascar , Fifa 97 (god that was so bad) Tomb Raider PS2 all sold in good numbers . There's plenty of utter crap SNES, PS, Mega Drive , PS2 games that sold in really good numbers The likes of Accliam, THQ and Prope used to excel at it in the 16 bit days

Comment

You're having a laugh . The likes of Busby, Superman 64 (didn't it top the charts in the USA), Home Alone, Tomrrow Never dies , Nascar , Fifa 97 (god that was so bad) Tomb Raider PS2 all sold in good numbers . There's plenty of utter crap SNES, PS, Mega Drive , PS2 games that sold in really good numbers The likes of Accliam, THQ and Prope used to excel at it in the 16 bit days
                              Also worth saying that Rise of the Robots did sell. Mainly because of Brian May's involvement in the project.

Comment

What about some of these classics

Home Alone - Snes

Bubsy - Multi

Pitfighter - Snes

Race Driving - Snes

F1 Circus - Mega CD .

Superman - N64

Bug Bumble - N64

Plenty of ****e today too.

Comment

Working...
                                X