Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiG View Post
    I love the box art on this, really nostalgic too as it was one of the first 2 Megadrive games I got when my Aunt brought this and Quackshot back for me from a trip to Hong Kong.. played it non-stop until Sonic came along
    Ah quackshot is a fantastic game. Still play the hell out of it thanks to the md mini.

Comment

Couple more ebay purchases today a copy of the ore no ryouri guide book as it has some fun stuff inside.

And a Sankyo pachinko controller as i decided to delve into some of the pachinko games on PS1 a genre that's pretty much regarded as trash in the west so they are all pleasantly cheap for new sealed copies. Picked up Fever 2 off genki for £6, enjoyed quite a few famicom & super famicom pachinko games it will be fun to see how the PS1 deals with them.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Ah quackshot is a fantastic game. Still play the hell out of it thanks to the md mini.
        Duckburg Choonage

Comment

I love the box art on this, really nostalgic too as it was one of the first 2 Megadrive games I got when my Aunt brought this and Quackshot back for me from a trip to Hong Kong.. played it non-stop until Sonic came along
          Love reading memories like these. There was really no better time for gaming IMO.

Comment

I think gynoug was one of my first Jpn MD imports. I got it from ‘megamania’ on the Castlereagh Road in Belfast, were you could swap any MD game for £5. I think this was in 1991 and I had a collection of 3-4 games that I swapped regularly. I remember thumbing through the manual and in awe of the colourful manual, lovely box art and you really felt you have something special that lots of your mates didn’t have!. I also picked up a mint condition Japanese twinkle tale, gleylancer, thinderforce III and IV and a brand new Koutetsu Teikoku and wani wani world.I wish I had kept them! I think this swap shop let me play hundreds of MD games of the few years it opened. No emulation or everdrives then! You really did appreciate the cart and game then.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              Koutetsu Teikoku
              Man, now that’s some box art, I picked this up a fair bit later than Gynoug, It came in a bundle with an Asian MD I picked up from a classified ad in Loot, k didn’t know what is was but immediately recognised it as Steel Empire once I plugged it in, awesome

Comment

Man, now that’s some box art, I picked this up a fair bit later than Gynoug, It came in a bundle with an Asian MD I picked up from a classified ad in Loot, k didn’t know what is was but immediately recognised it as Steel Empire once I plugged it in, awesome

I’d love another copy, but it’s going for £200+ now!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  in Belfast, were you could swap any MD game for £5. I think this was in 1991 and I had a collection of 3-4 games that I swapped regularly... I think this swap shop let me play hundreds of MD games of the few years it opened. No emulation or everdrives then! You really did appreciate the cart and game then.
                  I had the same experience with the Kaylow Swap Club at Rugby Market during the MD/SNES days, £3 a swap as long as the owner thought it was a viable swap. Got through loads of MD and then later SNES games switching some out on a weekly basis...you could rent games too.

Very very fond memories of that

Comment

Well thanks to royal mails website screwing up my customs payment not once but twice i now have two pending charges on my credit card i decided i wasn't going to get another handful of pending charges potentially going through so i prepped for the 2 mile walk to the delivery depot in the corona wastelands of moortown. I have played enough fallout 3 to be well prepared. Alcohol gel a drink and some tissues along with my first defence nasal spray. Finally got there after a 2 mile uphill all the way walk to pick up my parcel and pay the £21 customs on it BOOO. Safely back from my fresh air jaunt while dodging the potential patient zeros in the streets.

Now i have my calpis water dokodemo issho box set safely at home and the seller was honest as it was indeed new and sealed it still had the original tape on it. I stress "had" as i opened that sucker. So happy to finally have it despite it's 3 figure price tag but it's a rarity i have wanted for ages and i can be reassured that the disk isn't scratched up when i get arount to trying it out.

The unique disk in this set that i'm very curious about, will Toro be whipping out bottles of that vile milk water? i shall see lol

The pocketstation is super pristine it's as white as they get which i'm glad of as the other on ebay at the time was yellowing in the box.

And the adorable Toro strap to stick on the pocketstation, weirdly the strap uses batteries i had to look in the instructions to see whats up, seems it lights up when you recieve a phone call wondering if the frequency is attuned to uk phones to make it work i shall have to see. In the meantime he can sit there looking cute as ever.

Also through the post box fever 2 and komocchi turned up, the pachinko game is actually pretty good i may look for the others in this series as they are not janky at all. As for Komocchi it's pretty in depth it's like a super advanced tamagotchi you are asked a pile of questions at the beginning and then it generates your DNA for your save file you then mix your dna with a person the game selects for you and you then produce an egg that will generate a character that hatches and you have to oversee it's development there are so many variables to get different characters, uses the pocketstation quite a lot too the manual has a huge section on it so it's not just a small minigame. Good job i bought extra memory cards as komocchi's save file takes up a full card.

Comment

Parcelforce arrived today my bundle from Amazon J turned up, all new and sealed. So much for fantastep been faded it's totally flawless no idea what that description was on about. Now have all the dokodemo issho games without faded boxes/scuffed disks as well as the weird looking pocket jiman. Looks like i'll have some spare copies of games going for sale now.

Also this finally arrived from ebay and i was super relieved to see the disk wasn't wrecked as for the price it cost there's no way i'd accept anything less than mint. That's todays fun sorted if i can drag myself away from that damn resi 3 demo hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

WOW Gyakushuu! Youma Daikessen.. nice get. This was a pretty penny years ago when I collected PSX games

Comment

Thanks , Yeah after harmful park this is my 2nd most expensive game in my PS1 collection but i really love the gegege no kitaro anime so i really wanted it. Theres a few copies still on ebay but this one was the only one with a mint disk not an easy one to find in pristine condition.

Comment

Aye, it's a bugger to find mint. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it?...

Love harmful park.
                            Last edited by garrz32; 19-03-2020, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                              Aye, it's a bugger to find mint. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it?...

Love harmful park.
                              Was £367 there were a couple for around £270 but they just said acceptable in condition section, lol no way would i risk those.
                              Last edited by importaku; 19-03-2020, 16:24.

Comment

The latest the postman has ever dropped off at nearly 5pm but my copy of ore no ryouri arrived i have been looking for a mint copy for ages but thanks to the black manual the colour gets worn off easily from constantremoval of it from its case. I wanted a minty example as this is a fave of mine. Glad i can finally tick it off the list, minty on bottom my original on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X