Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Vic-20, 1541 floppy, 1081 monitor, pi1541 and a cassette deck that still works
    Man i must have been around 5 or 6 when we first got one of those, minus the monitor & disk drive, just a janky rf lead and the tv for us. I have fragmented memories of a lot of games on that thing flashes of a box art or random images in my head of games i no longer remember the titles to the only one that really stuck with me was mega vault. Still play from time to time via emulation.

Comment

Nice find.

Just on the up and up I am currently looking for an A1200 Setup Like this with a Phillips MKII Monitor for RGB and separate 3.5 Drive or just a brand new A1500 Plus or A4000 in all honesty.

Last matter...

Worth it?

Last edited by CAPCOM; 04-03-2020, 12:01.

Comment

It's a good game, but that's a crazy price. It's not a really common game, but nearly £500 is way too much. But someone might pay it, seeing the game has a cult following.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          It's a good game, but that's a crazy price. It's not a really common game, but nearly £500 is way too much. But someone might pay it, seeing the game has a cult following.
          £500 for an Amiga game? I never paid more than a quid if ya git me

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            £500 for an Amiga game? I never paid more than a quid if ya git me
            Blue disk, handwritten label, no box or instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              I never paid more than a quid if ya git me
              I used to go to computer shows/fairs where boxed Amiga games were between £3-18. So I never paid the crazy £24.99 high street shops wanted for Amiga games. I ended up with loads of boxed Amiga games, but some of my friends thought I was crazy not just using copies. I liked the big boxes.

Sadly, I sold them all around 1994. I used to always sell collections off before I became a 'retro gamer' and decided to treasure hardware and all my favourite games. When I was young I just focused on everything new, but that attitude changed around 12 years ago.

Comment

My mate only had the pirated Moonstone. I ended up killing the dragon but then when clicking on the Moonstone itself the game would always freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  when clicking on the Moonstone itself the game would always freeze.

Comment

3 turned up only 1 in the condition it was listed in. Klayman 2 was indeed mint and undamaged however the other 2 i specifically asked before buying if the disks had scratches and i was told no by the sellers. I finally get then and look at the disks and what a surprise both have been resurfaced theres a mazillion fine scratches in that telltale pattern around the disk thats from a disk polishing machine. Both were less than £10 each so i really can't be arsed sending them back to Japan but a bit of a pain all the same. Ended up having to resort to amazon japans marketplace to get another imode and dokodemo this time totally new & sealed. In hindsight i should have done this first than relying on ebay grr. Imode cost 700 yen and dokodemo cost 1500 as it was the only new copy on there but i love Toro chan enough to get his games in pristine condition in the meantime i can play these and not worry about been careful with them. As an extra plus i can also use the included sticker sheet to pimp up my pocketstations.

Ever wonder why on the battery cover there was a little notch, it was so you can place these pocketstation stickers on and keep them aligned. The dilemma is which ones to use Toro is definitely going on my white one.
                    Last edited by importaku; 05-03-2020, 12:13.

Comment

An the obligatory naked pic, SHED YOU PLASTIC SHACKLES LITTLE GAME BE FREE.

Comment

Protector cases turned up i can now take my stations out for a walk lol, But it will be nice to mess about on them while on my break at work ect. The seller apologised to me as his worker forgot to post them off for a week as he was at a convention so he chucked in a pile of extras into my parcel to say sorry. Some megaman mints along with a handful of badges which i'll never wear and a few packs of final fantasy trading cards, if anyone wants some FF trading cards let us know as i'll never collect them.

The cases are pretty neat they hold the pocketstation nice and snug so it doesnt rattle around in there it even has a hole so you can keep the strap on. You can also store memory cards in them too according to the package, lol at the speed im amassing pocketstations i may end up using all 3.

Now protected from rain and scratches.

Comment

I don't normally do bootlegs but there's no way to get this playing on the Everdrive so I went and completed my first order on AliExpress.

Saves work, can't say if the full game works yet but if it does then I might plunk down for FFVII NES as well.

Comment

Huh, any info on that hack?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Huh, any info on that hack?
                              It's a mix of gen 1 and gen 2 following the story of the gen 1 games but with areas not quite being 1to1 in terms of recreation iirc. It looks gorgeous, I would have loved this if it had ever come out as a real game.

I don't know if Jessie and James will be in this version. I know Pikachu doesn't follow you around like in the original.

it's by the same piracy group that made FF VII NES.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                you can keep the strap on
                                Oo-er

Comment

Working...
                                X