No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would suggest trying a new power supply. There's some knowledge of the caps going bad in them.

Comment

I tried swapping the memory thingy under the lid over for a normal capacity one, but that didn't help, so it's unlikely it's that. I'll see if I can locate a new PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Everyone round to yours for a DS demo party!
        Need one of these signs for my front door

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Not a new purchase, but set up the N64 which has been boxed for ages in the loft. Sadly it's resetting. First every few minutes and then every few seconds.
          All games, so presumably the machine
          Had the same issue with mine and it occurred on both N64 units I tried my UK power supply on. Again both had been sitting in a box for ages. For me it was random reset, but I noticed if you just moved the N64 it would reset straight away.

Turn out all I had to do was clean the connectors both on the N64 and the power unit. Had to dip a couple of cotton buds in isopropyl alcohol. Pushed them deep into the connectors and despite them being kept in a box they were really really dirty seems they just collect dust over time.

Gave all the pins quite a clean and after I stopped getting dirt off them the resetting issue stopped. Had to really push the buds in deep to get all the dirt out and it took awhile.

I saw a few people suggest the jumper pak, 4MB could be the issue, but it really isn't, granted they also need to be kept clean.

Seems the console is really sensitive to dust in that region.
          Last edited by S3M; 06-01-2021, 20:53.

Comment

Ah cheers. I ordered a new psu anyway, but I'll try that. I also later realised I already had a spare Japanese psu in a baggie and a step-down I could have tried 🤣

Comment

Nice one [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION], always enjoy seeing this type of stuff that you purchase.

Is there anything exclusive to those demo carts - early versions of games etc?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Nice one [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION], always enjoy seeing this type of stuff that you purchase.

Is there anything exclusive to those demo carts - early versions of games etc?
                There is some special DLC gift stuff for megaman and fossil fighters if you have the carts inserted when you download the data to your DS there's also a playable demo of gauntlet DS that never got officially released however the cancelled retail version has been leaked now i think so that demo is not as special as it used to be but i think that's about it, oh there is the shyguy character you can play in mario kart that doesn't appear in the retail version too. I'm sure there is probably other things on those 19 carts but i haven't really delved too deep so far. I do like going through them from time to time just to see what the demos were like as i never got to do it like you were originally supposed to as i don't think they had the demo system up and running in the UK i have never seen signs up at game it was only when the 3DS street pass stuff was around did they start having relay stations and by then to get demos you could use the service on the Wii to download demos to your DS at home.

All the stuff on the blue DS download station carts is USA released stuff too, europe only got 8 demo carts no idea what titles are on those. There are stand alone not for resale carts of various DS titles on ebay but some of them can be extremely pricey depending on the title. Not sure if those are just full games with a not for resale sticker on the front or just cut down versions, maybe at some point i'll delve into picking up a couple to expand my non retail cart collection a bit more but to be honest i'm still working on my retail release collection at this rate i'm not sure i'll ever run out of games to find, definitely no barbie or my pony type of dross been bought just to make up the numbers like i have seen a lot of youtuber collectors do as it's a waste of space & money to do that lol.

Comment

Not a huge drop today but i picked up some more cards for the DS game spectrobes, even now i still have no idea how many were ever released in the complete set as they were only put in random amounts in the DS & Wii games as well as a few in the game guide. Wish they had been released in booster packs as quite frankly they are pretty awesome, not many trading cards out there that are purely lenticular like this. It's made harder by the fact the cards identifying numbers are pretty much impossible to see as they are very blurry and microscopic so i have no idea how many they went up to.

Apart from looking cool they have a use too as they are input cards you placed them on the screen of the DS and poke your stylus through the holes in the specific order on the card to unlock the monster/item on the card it's a simple but neat concept. I love gaming related trading card stuff especially stuff that actually does something & works with a game. I keep an eye out on ebay from time to time for ones that i don't have to add into my collection if they are cheap enough.

Comment

Not a new purchase, but set up the N64 which has been boxed for ages in the loft. Sadly it's resetting. First every few minutes and then every few seconds.
                    All games, so presumably the machine
                    Jealous. I'd really like to get another N64 at some point.

Have you seen how you can now pimp out the controllers with Elite-like metal buttons and analogue components? They really are a modders dream.

Comment

No, not seen that. How would analogue components be useful? Unless you mean replacement stick?

Comment

Yeah the sticks are solid metal so they no longer wear down like the originals.

Comment

Todays arrival ,

Well happy with it picked it up from ebay for less than twenty quid , cd looks like new so well happy with that bonus.

Comment

No, not seen that. How would analogue components be useful? Unless you mean replacement stick?
                            Practically indestructible.

Comment

Got some BANGERS recently. Project Minerva has some cool ideas but because it's a budget title, the difficulty spikes are insane. Apparently people say Lost Kingdoms is bad but it's a FROM game so we'll see. Also got a new Gamecube controller and a modded GBA SP. Annoyingly the screen is a tiny bit misaligned but I think I'm going to pop it open to put some green or blue buttons in and I'll fix it then if I can.

Comment

I know it's much criticised, but I think there's plenty to enjoy in Starfox Zero too. It takes a bit of getting used to, but its way of letting you pilot the ship in one direction while looking in the other is one of the things I really struggle with whenever I try going back to the original game.

Here's a nice little lot that arrived for me today.

Comment

Working...
                                X