Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    What can I say, it always has been, and always will be my favourite video game system.
    It's ok, I regularly decide to browse eBay for Neo Geo & PC Engine stuff in the hope I can see something that appeals to me but unfortunately, prices have gotten to a point where they're completely unreasonable and I can't justify paying so much for something I'll in honesty just play a couple of times and then have looking pretty on the shelf.

Comment

My love for Shubibinman 3 is great, lovely stuff mate. Nearly buckled on the PCE front this week despite vowing to not get involved again. Thankfully my offer was rejected.
      On the subject of PCE, I bought a game years ago for PC Engine. I think it was quite a low price as I wanted something to test the system. It was a platformer and I think the character held a staff. I think I must still have it somewhere in my parents’ loft. Can anyone name that game?

(I bought the PCE from you Colin, so it’s likely you also sold me the game!)

Comment

Cadash maybe?

Comment

Wrong guy!
          Last edited by Colin; 26-05-2023, 19:28.

Comment

Sounds like Valis III

Comment

Good suggestions, but no dice. I think it was cuter art style than Cadash and I don’t think it was sci fi. I remember a grass level vaguely and jumping between different levels/dropping back between them. The sprites IIRC were about half the size and no muscles!
              Last edited by egparadigm; 27-05-2023, 09:09.

Comment

Wrong guy!
                I have proof! ;-)

Comment

Legend Of Hero Tonma maybe? This is going to bug me now.

Tatsu No Ku Fighter?

Makai Prince, Kid Dracula?
                  Last edited by Colin; 27-05-2023, 10:37.

Comment

Legend of Hero Tonma is the closest I’ve seen, but not quite right. I don’t think the character in my game had a massive bonce. Plus, I am pretty sure they carried a stick to hit people with.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                      Legend of Hero Tonma is the closest I’ve seen, but not quite right. I don’t think the character in my game had a massive bonce. Plus, I am pretty sure they carried a stick to hit people with.
                      I was thinking also Tale Of The Monsterpath, but no stick........

Comment

Was it hucard or CD?

Scraping the bottom of the guess barrel...

First Shubibinman title? http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Schbibin_Man.htm
                        Peachboy? - http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games..._Katsugeki.htm
                        Son Son II - http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Son_Son_II.htm

(I thought Tatsu No Ku was a great shout lol - http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games...Ko_Fighter.htm)

Comment

Act why didn't I think of Son Son II, got to be that!

Comment

By jove, he’s got it! Get that man a cigar!

Comment

Getting us back on topic, some really exciting purchases here:

picture hosting site

Bought 24 for testing purposes as it’s one of the few dual layer PS2 games. Silent Scope was more of a ‘to play’ purchase, although helpfully it’s a blue disc and I don’t have any PAL blue disc games, so again can be used to test lasers. Each game was just 50p and 24 was in perfect condition (probably because the person who bought it quickly realised it was not worth playing).

Gave 24 a go as I’m a fan of the TV show. It impresses with its range of video options, which include not only 60Hz but also progressive! Sadly the gameplay is a little more lacking. Combat is cover based, but AI is none too advanced. Accidentally restarted one of the levels and was annoyed by this, before discovering I can basically sprint past all the enemies to the level end. There are vehicles in some sections… that seem to be stuck permanently in 1st gear.

Also picked up some memory cards as I’m running out of space on my cards. They were a cheap and cheeful £3 a piece. Pleased to try a Madcatz Magicgate-licensed one for a change.
                              Last edited by egparadigm; 27-05-2023, 19:40.

Comment

A trio of gameboy games today ,

Comment

Working...
                                X