X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    So intrigued about Crue Ball.

Some recent bits for me:

Also have another really nice Saturn shooter that's seemingly lost in the post. Not a cheap one, either.
    Nice haul Final Soldier one of my PCE faves, and that Darius II CD soundtrack is killer.

Comment

Decided to get an Analogue Pocket from ebay as I didn’t want to wait until sometime next year. Price was obviously over the original but it wasn’t as stupidly high as most other listings. Was listed as brand new and in the photo the box was sealed with shrink wrap, package arrived yesterday and it had clearly been opened and used with a scuff mark on the back where a cartridge had been used. I opened a case with ebay and the seller to ask for a partial refund as it was clearly not as advertised, seller didn’t even message me and sent it straight to ebay for them to decide, and they issued a full refund. Now I feel guilty as the pocket works fine and now this guy is like $250 out of pocket, but on the other hand they bought something to sell at a profit and lied about what they were selling and refused to issue a partial refund or even an apology. Not sure whether to try and contact the guy and send him the money to cover his costs or just do nothing as it was ebay that made the decision and it was his fault for lying and trying to make a profit.

Comment

eBay be funky sometimes. Enjoy your free Pocket!

Comment

Leave it. He was trying to pull a fast one and it's come back to bite him. Tough tits for him I say.

Comment

That’s pretty much what my wife said, although not in those exact words lol

Comment

Wow, that worked out really well. I notice that the prices have come down quite a lot in the aftermarket now, they're not nearly as catastrophic as they once were.

TBH I'm tempted myself. I could get a unit shipped to a friend in the States who I'll be seeing in June for ~£285 total. That's versus waiting on my Q4 2022 unit which is going to have totalled ~£245 after I get charged tax, and for that £40 premium I'll be receiving it 6 months sooner.

Only thing is I don't want to land my friend with a hassle if the seller is dodgy in some way.

EDIT: Just visited the Playdate thread and remembered that should be here soon anyway. Plus I know Speedy had issues and I'd rather be able to get them resolved easily with Analogue with a proper receipt etc should the need arise.

Gonna be patient *grits teeth*
              Last edited by wakka; 20-04-2022, 12:44.

Comment

Buyer basically has complete power on eBay, I wouldn't be too concerned. Anything goes wrong and you're covered.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Buyer basically has complete power on eBay, I wouldn't be too concerned. Anything goes wrong and you're covered.
                  I thought this too until eBay gipped me out of almost £400 last year as the buyer. They even told me they knew the seller misold the item and that I should go to Citizen's Advice bureau. Haven't touched that steaming turd called eBay since.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Wow I am very sorry to hear that, what a cop out answer from them. Not what I would expect at all.

Comment

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Escape, that royally sucks

I am being sensible and not buying a scalped Pocket. I am considering an Everdrive, however. Although tbh most of the games I want to play aren’t that expensive cart-only so I might just go that route tbh.

Any owners playing GB/GBC games as patched .pocket files? It looks like a really handy workaround to play stuff like Kid Dracula.

EDIT: mistakenly thought this was the Pocket thread, lol. Oops.

Comment

Not had a great deal of success in the shops lately, but I did pick this up at the charity shop.

Mint and complete, like it's never been used in fact (that's my DVD seal, not theirs). However, being that said charity shop is just down the road from Cex, I think I know what happened here...

È una versione Italiana! So Cex probably rejected it and they just dumped it there. I've never been particularly fussed if a game is a different European variant so long as the game plays in English, which it does. It's just the box and manual. I'm happy enough for 99p anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          I am being sensible and not buying a scalped Pocket. I am considering an Everdrive, however. Although tbh most of the games I want to play aren’t that expensive cart-only so I might just go that route tbh.

Any owners playing GB/GBC games as patched .pocket files? It looks like a really handy workaround to play stuff like Kid Dracula.
                          Honestly, the GB and GBA Everdrives are excellent. Especially when you consider all the colour hacks and translations happening at the moment and going forward.

The .pocket exploitation seems to work quite well and even works with the sleep function of the hardware (which an ED does not - unless used very specifically).

Comment

Yeah, that’s true about translations. I just had a quick look and there are def some I’d like to try.

Alright, I’ve set up a Twitter alert for Krikzzstore notifications :|

Comment

If you are in absolutely no rush at all, I'd probably recommend waiting for the Black Friday sale and ordering from everdrive.me. 20% off during BF and no customs on my last order either.

Comment

Good call. My Pocket is Q4 so I am def not in a rush. I will hang on for that. Good to hear you dodged customs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X