No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember some time back when I found - of all things - the board game of the arcade game "Turbo" in a charity shop? Same charity shop...

It was £2.50 complete, thought it didn't have all the mushroom bits but they'd just fallen under the plastic insert. Now I can feel like I'm playing Centipede at home. A really slow, weird version of Centipede that doesn't follow any of the arcade rules. I'm going to end up with the entire collection of all these arcade games by MB, aren't I? And most of them completely suck.

Comment

We had piles of MB games when we were kids, but they really would make them from absolute slivers of ideas. Like shovelware before it was even a thing.

Really looking forward to trying this PSP version of Soul Calibur as I've really been enjoying Tekken on the wee Sony handheld. I really need to stop picking any more games up for a while as I'm building quite the backlog, but they all just seem so bargain-tastic it's hard to resist!

Comment

While you're at it there is a very impressive port of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus on PSP.

I remember Broken Destiny being pretty decent. Good amount of games that translated well from the PS2 and arcade to the PSP.

I played a ton of Tekken 5 DR on my PSP in college, one of my friends also had a copy and a PSP so we'd play against each other wirelessly. And then of course there is SF Alpha 3 MAX.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] Soul Calibur on the PSP is bloomin' amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
            Remember some time back when I found - of all things - the board game of the arcade game "Turbo" in a charity shop? Same charity shop...

It was £2.50 complete, thought it didn't have all the mushroom bits but they'd just fallen under the plastic insert. Now I can feel like I'm playing Centipede at home. A really slow, weird version of Centipede that doesn't follow any of the arcade rules. I'm going to end up with the entire collection of all these arcade games by MB, aren't I? And most of them completely suck.
            I had a Pac Man board game when I was a bairn. It was pretty good fun if somewhat limited.

Comment

Slim pickings of late many outgoings, however can't keep an obsessed man down. Filling out my paltry DC selection of games, had 18 Wheeler when it came out thought it was a bit of a stinker but years on I'm loving it. Monsterpath added for quids on the road to Namco PCE complete!

Comment

Another on the ACD pile, was actually sealed took a crack during Japan Post.

Comment

I have a real soft spot for all the ACD Neo fighters. Yes, they’re inferior, but there’s something just mind bogglingly awesome about how great they are on essentially 8-Bit hardware.

Comment

No surprises for guessing which one caused the biggest dent in the wallet here. Of course it's a little sunfaded, but generally very happy with condition.

Comment

How you managing with only one kidney? [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] I know the pain well my copy drained my bank balance when I found it on eBay.

Comment

I don't think I did too badly - the yen is fairly compromised right now and this was from YAJ - but even still, it stings. I don't think many other folks are hardwired to respond to news of a fan translation with going to pay through the nose for a second hand copy, but sadly this is the only brain I have.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          this was from YAJ
                          How did you get it shipped? Zenmarket are only doing surface mail from Japan atm.

Comment

The proxy I'm using (Neokyo) still have FedEx / DHL options (I went for the former in this case)

But yeah, EMS options are massively limited from Japan to Europe right now

Comment

Nice gets [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] … Gate of Thunder is one of the greats

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Nice gets @fuse … Gate of Thunder is one of the greats
                                Banging OST too.

Comment

Working...
                                X