Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always nice to get some extras.

Comment

This was a combination of orders that came in December. Merry Christmas me, from me.

Comment

I have always wanted a copy of Yu Suzuki Gameworks! Can I ask how much it cost...?

I like the look of that Gameboy Taito compilation. Haven't seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          I have always wanted a copy of Yu Suzuki Gameworks! Can I ask how much it cost...?
          15k yen from Yahoo (so: pre-shipping/tax etc), was waiting for a while I was happy with the look of. If you're brave there's a few reasonably priced eBay listings too, but they're mostly re-listings of Mercari/Yahoo ones they don't have in hand.

Comment

Thanks. That's not so bad. Damn, I remember when it was about half that, wish I'd grabbed it then...but isn't it always the way?

Looks like a good condition copy.

Comment

Nice selection of items you have there [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION].

Comment

I loaned my GameWorks disc out and never got it back, so ended up whizzing the book (which was in like-new condition and obviously never read) in the recycling when I left the UK.

Comment

First PSP pick up in absolutely ages. Try not to take too much of an intake of breath (no pun intended) but I've never played any version of this game on any of the PS platform options. Just fancied something a bit more slow paced than my usual action fare and this always seems to get a lot of love on here.

Just come as a coincidence after [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] buying I & II above!

Comment

I've not played 1 or 2 yet but I have finished 3 before and it's very good. Hope you get on with it, if nothing else that cover art's gorgeous! By comparison, look at this

Comment

Yeah, definitely at opposite ends of the artistic scale.

Comment

Finished testing the GBA SP battery I received yesterday. Twice the lifespan of my "good" 001 battery and even longer of the one it is replacing.

Comment

Sort of retro. Finally got round to sticking my new keycaps on my Ultimate 64:
                          Last edited by gunrock; 30-01-2023, 10:57.

Comment

Finally found my memory card reader so I can show off the few things I picked up in Thailand. There are a handful of places in Bangkok selling old games - probably the most well-known is O-Corner in the MBK Shopping Mall which is competitively priced but only tends to sell very desirable/expensive stuff due to their small size. I heard there were places more to my taste within the Mega Plaza, an extremely cramped 6-floor mall that was a cross between an old indoor market and something out of Shenmue 2.

There are apparently 600 places inside it, the vast majority doing cheap weird toys, anime figures, Gundam type stuff, BB guns, but also a few places selling games. Most of them were new places or repairs. It was insanely difficult to photograph anything as it was Saturday and absolutely packed, so this photo I just nicked off their Facebook page.

See those stacks just left of the guy in the blue t-shirt? Those are the "dirt cheap games" pile, largely Japanese PS1/PS2/PSP/Saturn titles. ฿100 each (£2.50), buy 5 and get 1 free. 90% just stuff that you'd expect - old mahjong and sports games. But there were some interesting things in and amongst, so I rifled through it for about an hour. And after that I had to go to their scruffy food court that had a couple of interesting old relics.

Ace Driver: Victory Lap from 1995, a rival to Virtua Racing. I didn't get a chance to play it as honestly it was absolutely stifling in that building and it was giving me a bit of a headache. If it's there next year I'll try again!

They also had Dirt Dash from the same year, a bit like Sega Rally but with more jumps. I actually have played this before and wasn't that keen on the handling. Anyway, here's onto what I actually got.

All the cases (bar the sealed one and the PS3 title) were either cracked or scruffy so I tossed them and shoved all the paper/OBIs/discs/etc into my suitcase for space-saving reasons. A few of them should have cases with clear or white trays, which I'll sort in due course. You can probably gather from what's here that it was slim pickings, but I'm happy enough.

Yukawa Motosenmu no Otakara Sagashi (DC): This is a weird title that was briefly a pack-in. It is basically a treasure hunt where you control a rather unflattering cartoon version of Mr Yukawa and go round digging up bits of picture of Sega-related stuff. It was part of a competition where you could win some real items, but I doubt that's still valid.
                            Minna No Golf (PS1): Always like a golf game and this is one of the more approachable ones, it's Everybody's Golf. Not a rare one by any means but I didn't have it and it was complete with OBI and everything so I figured why not.
                            Tokimeki Memorial Selection: Fujisaki Shiori (PS1): Spin-off for the well-known iconic dating game, what sold it to me was that there was a fold-out picture and some song lyrics because it includes at least one music video. I've seen it on YouTube and it was certainly a thing. I just like weird stuff, leave me alone.
                            Nihon Daihyou Team no Kantoku ni Narou! Sekaihatsu, Soccer RPG (Saturn): This was a makeweight to be honest as I'd got enough for the "buy 5, get 1 free" deal and I just thought it was interesting to be able to get a completely brand new and sealed Saturn game of any sort in 2023. Maybe I'll send it off to WATA for grading, if I suddenly become a complete mug who falls for any scam going.
                            July (DC): Visual novel launch title which is extremely obscure and has a weird chrome cover. I actually wanted this for the sole purpose of gathering a brief bit of footage for context about the developer in a video I'm making for the YouTube channel I haven't actually forgotten to do. Bet you didn't see that coming. You all thought I'd given up! I didn't!
                            What's Shenmue (DC): It's that weird demo for Shenmue where you get to chase Mr Yukawa and tackle him to the ground (it's that bit where you chase the travel agent, repurposes). I love anything Shenmue-related and have wanted this for some time, even though I really know everything that happens in it and have done for years. I just wanted it for myself.
                            Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (PS3): Me and the missus like the Project Diva games as they're a rhythm game we somehow aren't completely rubbish at. This was in the more expensive PS3 pile and cost me ฿200 (£5), which is still a damn sight less than it would cost to get off eBay. Nice condition too.

And that's your lot.

Comment

Feel the Gameboy's fairly self-explanatory, whereas the game probably isn't. Haven't played it yet, but I'm told it's a side-scrolling brawler from the team that went on to do the Scott Pilgrim game. Figured it was worth taking a look at!

Comment

Nice, I had seen the Famitsu GB Light but not the Pocket before. Think Speedy’s got one of the GBLs.
                                Interested to hear how that Star Wars game is, deep cuts like that are always intriguing.

Comment

Working...
                                X