Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your emulation setup for PSP?

Comment

I only buy games I’m interested in playing Speedy.

When I’m not using genuine hardware, emulation wise I use openemu on my MacBook M1.

Comment

Thought I'd lost one PSP and sold another. Had a clear out of our junk room yesterday and found 2 x PSP systems

Comment

Some nice PSP hauls there, funny how Everybody's Tennis is a lot more pricey than Everybody's Golf.

Comment

Here we are then, doing a little pre-PlayStation era research…

Apparently there are issues with the CD drive, it certainly
            makes some awful noise at first but played this music on CDR mostly OK (stuttered once). Will fix it one day soon hopefully.

Unit is a helluvah lot bigger and heavier than I expected!!
            Last edited by egparadigm; 08-03-2023, 15:56.

Comment

Interesting that the unit used to belong to Great Ormond Street. As if those kids weren't having a bad enough time they subjected them to the 3DO as well...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Interesting that the unit used to belong to Great Ormond Street. As if those kids weren't having a bad enough time they subjected them to the 3DO as well...

I don't think that a more exciting console would be good for their hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I had assumed those were the initials of the owner and hadn’t got round to googling the postcode yet!

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                    Here we are then, doing a little pre-PlayStation era research…

Apparently there are issues with the CD drive, it certainly
                    makes some awful noise at first but played this music on CDR mostly OK (stuttered once). Will fix it one day soon hopefully.

Unit is a helluvah lot bigger and heavier than I expected!!
                    I love the FZ-10 hardware, absolutely brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
                      I love the FZ-10 hardware, absolutely brilliant
                      That was the unit I always wanted but by the time I got a 3DO it was Goldstar Front loader for me
                      But I can't complain as I picked it up with a load of games from a clear out section at an Electronics Boutique in Norwich while on holiday

I do miss it all these years later though, was good at what it did & had some fine games

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                        That was the unit I always wanted but by the time I got a 3DO it was Goldstar Front loader for me
                        But I can't complain as I picked it up with a load of games from a clear out section at an Electronics Boutique in Norwich while on holiday

I do miss it all these years later though, was good at what it did & had some fine games

Neil
                        Yeah I had an FZ-10 during the early Playstation UK years and it was great since it was region free and there was loads I wanted to play like Return Fire, Wing Commander III, Another World, Road Rash, Need For Speed, SSF2X etc but also games like Yu Yu Hakusho and Policenauts that for some reason showed up in the trade-in games shop in Northampton. It ultimately got traded in for a PS though.

Comment

Superb system tbh, has an excellent range of titles.

Comment

[MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] [MENTION=1910]jonathan_ingram[/MENTION], we always hear about Road Rash, Need for Speed and so on (and no doubt they are great), but what are your fave deep cuts on the machine?

Comment

3DO games I would recommend people check out would include Icebreaker (and it’s free sequel), Battlesport, Slam ‘n’ Jam, PO’ed, Total Eclipse, Phoenix 3 (the platform sections aren’t great but the space combat is awesome), the Wing Commander games, Blade Force, Space Hulk, Return Fire, Killing Time, Starblade, Trip’d and Star Fighter. There’s some fun RPG stuff like Guardian War, Luciennes Quest and the AD&D games too.

Comment

I wanted to like the 3DO but having no nostalgia for it and the weak Japanese library made it difficult. Cool looking hardware though (FZ-10)!
                                Last edited by speedlolita; 09-03-2023, 15:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X