Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he does, and I’ve already let him know that he’s a bad influence

Comment

Been upto no good, the monitor isn't new, got an Amiga locally, smoke came out of the disk drive so replaced with a gotek. System actually came with a boxed 1084S monitor so flogged that off. Dream land tbh.

Comment

I turned up at that Doncaster Retro Game Market again, didn't really want to spend much but also didn't have much else doing that day. The usual guy who brings a ton of imported games wasn't on (I already knew) so what I got was rather limited, but it's something to do on a Sunday.

Sega Saturn Hisshou Hou Special: Daytona USA Kanzen Guide Book: I fancied this the last time I was here but I'd basically spent up. I don't usually pick up guide books, but the content is really nice and I want it for a video about the Saturn version of the game I'll knock up eventually (this one is on the back burner though).
        Virtua Cop Elite Edition (PS2): Been after this for a while and only found really scabby copies. It's just a compilation of Virtua Cop 1+2 with some weird graphical updates. The guy who had the table with the Daytona book also had this and I know from experience that anything he has is always really mint. It was also slightly cheaper than the going rate to be honest, so win-win I guess.
        18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (PS2): And the missus wanted this one. Not an expensive game by any stretch but it's - again - another one that was difficult to find in nice condition. I did want this on the Dreamcast back in the day as I liked the demo and arcade cabinet, but I could never see it below about £20 and I knew full well that you could do the game from start to finish in about 15 minutes and it didn't have much in the way of extras. Now it's... £30? That's not bad I guess. But it's £4 on the PS2 so there.
        Anthem (PS4): Not remotely retro, but I thought I'd stick it here for the laugh. Recently was at a Game that was clearing out a lot of PS4 games at dirt cheap prices - they were brand new games but with cases that had been on display and were a bit battered. I can't stand a scruffy case, but there's a guy who turns up here selling overstock of games and had sealed-up Anthem at a pound a pop. After explaining what I was doing, he helpfully offered that Cex will take them back as trade-in for 30p. So that's 70p each! That'll do.
        Sega Powered Issue 6: I really like this magazine and didn't have the latest issue, so good to see something where it's been written by people who know what they're on about and have a good sense of humour like many of the magazines back in the day did. I recommend it.
        Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming Feb 94: There's a guy sells old magazines at very affordable prices and I've made it a habit to grab a couple while I'm there. I went with this one as it was one back in the day where I tended to read it on the shelf but rarely bought it, so I'm not hugely familiar with the content. Not sure why I didn't buy it, it's pretty good from a skim-read. They've already found favour with me for calling out Sonic Spinball as a bit middling.
        Games Master Christmas 2012: Look out everybody! The WiiU is here! What an amazing success this is going to be. I kind of missed this period of gaming as I had other stuff going on in my life, so it felt apt to pick this one up and run over what's going on around this time.

Comment

Here are the retro bits wot I got.

Comment

This just arrived, a game that has gone through my mind many times since I saw my neighbour playing it way back when.

Seller didn’t say in description game comes without cover or original case (just a cd jewel case and manual). Not too bothered though as only cost about £4.

Comment

Number one in a series of checklist tick offs that no one would care about bar me, I now have all 7 main PSP Bleach games.

Also a nice condition copy of Daxter.

Comment

Dexter is easily one of the best games on the PSP!

Comment

Just picked this up from my business neighbours at the comic book shop. Looks awesome and will definitely keep me busy for the day if the shop is quiet!

Comment

Those rows of E2’s look wonderful in that photo, but every game in that row I can identify came out after 2001

Comment

Fair point!

Thankfully the internal stuff is lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Just picked this up from my business neighbours at the comic book shop. Looks awesome and will definitely keep me busy for the day if the shop is quiet!

Mmmmm how did they get that already? I don't even have dispatch notification for my copy yet.

Comment

I was complaining about the condition of GB Player that I was seeing on a Discord that an old friend of mine is in and he offered up one that he had used for development gratis, provided I remove all the attached boards/connections. Quite an easy task ultimately and now it has a new life as the GB Player for my Cube.

Before:

After:

Comment

Really nice man. Always say it but I just love the look of that Sony monitor.

Comment

A few bits arrived this week.

Comment

Seeing Psyvariar 2 at Boog's place many moons ago is largely responsible for my interest in shmups going through the roof. Great game! Also fab seeing GB games in that kind of condition

Comment

Working...
                                X