No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mana 2 is exceptional. It's practically 32bit.

Metroid has a full English option in the Japanese version.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      You can select English, yes. My copy was just shy of ?20 on eBay recently - so yeah seems like the cheapest way.

My copy needs the battery replacing though so...
      Awesome, probably my best option in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Cool haul! And even more cool that you were live on TV
        cheers, I must say that it was one of the most random things I've had happen in a long while :-)

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Is it just me, or does Guardian Heroes have naff visuals?
          Eh, another way of looking at it is there's lots of sprite scaling going on, plus the colours & character designs are all distinct from each other even when things are chaotic. Decent animation too. I'd cut it some slack

Comment

Guardian Heroes has always looked strangely pixelated, like the pixels are far chunkier and more obvious than in other 2D games of the time. I can only guess that Treasure went for that style as a way to save memory and to also make sure they weren't a burden on the hardware? That's my guess. Despite that, though, the sprites are at least big and well-crafted. The game has some nice visual flair going on as well. I've always thought it was a good looking game, but these days the chunky pixels are even more noticeable and maybe off-putting, depending on taste.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 03-11-2015, 10:02.

Comment

Some very expensive SFC games today or they would be if they were legit. These are my latest reproduction carts I've made.

All the covers and labels are built from scratch. No quick and easy low resolution scan prints here.

Notice the real SFC security screws
              Last edited by Yakumo; 03-11-2015, 14:32.

Comment

My word. How much to make these? They are lovely.

Comment

Some very expensive SFC games today or the would be if they were legit. These are my latest reproduction carts I've made.

All the covers and labels are built from scratch. No quick and easy low resolution scan prints here.

Notice the real SFC security screws
                  Wow beautiful work Mark, they look perfect.

If you fancy making anymore I'd take an Undercover Cop & Sunset Riders lol

Sterling work though man really, really impressive

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    My word. How much to make these? They are lovely.
                    It's not really how much in cash but how much time. Making the boxes takes a long time. I've been meaning to make these for the last 3 weeks . I still have 6 others to make but I've just not had the time to design the cover labels or boxes.

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    Wow beautiful work Mark, they look perfect.

If you fancy making anymore I'd take an Undercover Cop & Sunset Riders lol

Sterling work though man really, really impressive
                    Cheers man. Well, they're not actually that cheap to make. The PCBs are really good quality but I'll see what deals my mate can do on them. The cartridge case is a doner cart which I buy in bulk. Say about 800 yen including the ink, and paper. It's the PCBs that cost a lot. Unfortunately I can't make the boxes because they take way too long to put together but I would be willing to print them and provide the card so people could make their own boxes. Kind of like a kit The cart labels I can make.

If I can get 10 people interested I can put an order in. I could get just 10 undercover cops if many people wanted one. I will need at least 10 buyer though because the guy who makes the PCBs won't do any order lower than 10.

Comment

Cheers man. Well, they're not actually that cheap to make. The PCBs are really good quality but I'll see what deals my mate can do on them. The cartridge case is a doner cart which I buy in bulk. Say about 800 yen including the ink, and paper. It's the PCBs that cost a lot. Unfortunately I can't make the boxes because they take way too long to put together but I would be willing to print them and provide the card so people could make their own boxes. Kind of like a kit The cart labels I can make.

If I can get 10 people interested I can put an order in. I could get just 10 undercover cops if many people wanted one. I will need at least 10 buyer though because the guy who makes the PCBs won't do any order lower than 10.
                      You're welcome man, honestly if you didn't know differently then you'd swear they were official.

Well if you do get into it you can put me down for an Undercover Cop.

Again awesome work

Comment

I'd be interested in a kit (a few probably)

is this the same guy that you got the Run Saber pcb from? I'd be interested in Sunset Riders too..

Comment

Ok guys I'll post a list together of what games can be made. Actually, any game can be made except for special chipped games. Even battery back up games are doable although they cost a little extra. The problem comes from the cartridge labled and box art. Games I officially own I can just scan but those I don't need to have their labels and box art built from scratch. So far I've done the following covers (most made to look like one on one replicas)

Sunset Riders (original design)
                          Kikikaikai 2
                          Akumajo Dracula XX
                          Majou
                          Undercover Cops
                          R2 Rendering Rangers
                          Final Fight Tough (box art is a little low resolution)
                          Wild Guns
                          Denshin something or other, it's a scrolling Fighter by Winksoft
                          Run Saber (Original Design)
                          Spirigan
                          Magical Pop'n

Plus I could just scan any of the originals I own, which there are many.

The PCBs are not from the guy who made my Run Saber but from a "friend" in China and nope, it's not an Aliexpress store. His PCBs really are top quality hence the price. I've sent him a mail to see what deals he can come up with.

I think the kit idea is best. PCBs get sent to me, I print the art on glossy sticky paper and provide the backing card too. The cart sticker can be added by myself but the box can be made by the buyer.

I
                          Last edited by Yakumo; 03-11-2015, 22:21.

Comment

I'd be interested in Undercover Cops too. And Rendering Rangers.

Comment

I've known about this game for 30 years or so but always thought it was a ****ty RPG. Thanks to Game Sack I found out its not a bad side scrolling action platformer. Looks bad mind you.

Comment

Game Sack is great. Still, they are just doing what you've been doing for a decade??

Comment

Working...
                                X