No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! Happy that it's being used again. I only used it a couple of times in the last 12 months.

Comment

A couple of hours on this today after picking it up again reminds me of just how ****e I am at it. Bought on a whim despite having standard Ketsui available to me via a couple of different emulation options in the house, I'm justifying it because I always seem to stand an ever so slightly better chance in X Mode, though not so much that I could get past Stage 3 in one credit runs.

I'm always a bit torn on these tougher Cave games (for me at least) I love the way they look and sound, but I probably get more enjoyment out of less bullet intense shooters as they always seem more fair. All about more practice in this case though I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Latest order from proxy just arrived, here's that and some other bits from on here and eBay
        Said it before, will say it again and will keep on saying it: PCE Super CD-ROM² Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou/Vulcan Venture worth it for the soundtrack in RedBook Audio format alone.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
          Yeah, no more black screens through an OSSC each time the blasted resolution changes!

Plus light guns work once again.
          Fire up Gran Turismo 4 (then later a Wii for the likes of Super Mario Galaxy 2, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 3, etc.) and then quickly realise everything we lost when we transitioned over to flat panel display technology.

Comment

Recall that mid 2000s transition, i had an HD (480p/1080i) JVC CRT running a Wii via component and it looked sensational, superb colour depth, everything native and shiny. I'd go into the Sony centres to look at the £1000 32" LCD bravias and puke my guts up. Grainy, flat, soft, We've come a long way but in something was lost.

Comment

What gets me these days is how poor the black levels are on CRTs. Shame we’re stuck with sample and hold though.

Comment

I'm not even gonna look at what Gradius 2 goes for now. I remember back around the very late 90's VGI were selling off sealed copies for £14.99!

Comment

With apologies for the usual lame old phone camera...

Shutokou Battle 01 (PS2): Quite a simple one this, I've owned it for years but I lent out the disc and didn't get it back. I've still got my own pristine copy of the game - less disc - and it was cheap enough to just get it again and fish the disc out for my own. Great racing game.
                  Daytona USA (Saturn): Everyone knows it, we've all seen it. I needed this as I'm knocking up a video about it.
                  Daytona USA Circuit Edition (Saturn): The weird "final" version of CCE (which I had on PAL back in the day). It's an interesting game, though not quite Daytona USA physics-wise.
                  Psyched Club-Mix from Sega Racing Games: Soundtrack! I saw this cheap whilst I was bumbling through the Japanese auctions and thought "yes I'll have that". A very 1997-sounding selection of remixes of some Sega racing games of the era.
                  Daytona USA by B-Univ: And here's the soundtrack to Daytona USA. Admittedly fairly pointless given that the soundtrack of the Saturn game is on Redbook Audio so you can just bang it in your CD player, but it's nice to have the official release to play in the car and really irritate everyone.
                  Sega Saturn All-In-One Pseudo Kai Cart Thing: Wanted one of these for a while, I just can't really justify stretching to the Satiator and I don't like the drive removal of the other flash cart solutions. Now I can just play CD-Rs of great games such as Cubic Gallery and Yellow Brick Road.
                  Sega Rally Championship (Saturn): Er, the Daytona games were a job lot and this was in it too. Add it to the pile. I think I must have about 5 or 6 versions of Sega Rally by now, including the special "Plus" version and a normal copy I keep in the car CD changer.

Anyway, that's that.

Comment

Thanks to write-ups like this I was already aware of Sore Thumb, so when I ended up spending a week in Yorkshire with a few days in York itself for unrelated holiday reasons, of course I made my excuses to disappear off in there for a bit and have a good nose about their selection. The appeal of an actual shop with not just retro, but a decent import selection meant I couldn't leave empty handed.

They grant a 'big hitter' status for people who spend over a certain amount, earning a year-long 5% discount and having them pose for a picture with this great big championship belt for social media purposes. I did pose as I was told, but I think they took my suggestion to heart that my mug is perhaps not a great motivator, as they seem to have decided not to post it

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Thanks to write-ups like this I was already aware of Sore Thumb, so when I ended up spending a week in Yorkshire with a few days in York itself for unrelated holiday reasons, of course I made my excuses to disappear off in there for a bit and have a good nose about their selection. The appeal of an actual shop with not just retro, but a decent import selection meant I couldn't leave empty handed.

They grant a 'big hitter' status for people who spend over a certain amount, earning a year-long 5% discount and having them pose for a picture with this great big championship belt for social media purposes. I did pose as I was told, but I think they took my suggestion to heart that my mug is perhaps not a great motivator, as they seem to have decided not to post it
                      That Golden Axe 2 came from Mandrake. I can see there ranking label under the sore thumbs sticker. 60 quid though, bloody hell! I bet I could retire if I sold all my Mega Drive games.

Comment

This was the last of the more expensive PSP games I wanted, and it's taken me over a year to find a really nice copy of it! The euro version is just stupid expensive so it was out and I went for a US copy. I think that's me done now with everything I wanted on the system apart from maybe the odd cheap one here and there that I've maybe forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          This was the last of the more expensive PSP games I wanted, and it's taken me over a year to find a really nice copy of it! The euro version is just stupid expensive so it was out and I went for a US copy. I think that's me done now with everything I wanted on the system apart from maybe the odd cheap one here and there that I've maybe forgotten about.

why can’t I see the picture? Is it just me??

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                            why can’t I see the picture? Is it just me??
                            I can see it fine

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
                              I can see it fine
                              Seems to be an issue with my very old iPad needing a firmware update. I can see (hammering harry) on my phone. Apologies for the off topic!

Comment

Nice.

Did that Cotton 2 come with any of the tea cups and / or did you happen to notice if they had any?

Comment

Working...
                                X