No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game was kept in one of their display cabinets and with no cups to be seen. I didn't ask about it specifically, but I did have a pretty big chat with both the guy serving and the owner, and no mention was made of it!

Comment

Fair play! I had a look at their website and couldn't see any either.

I find myself motivated to try and get the remaining variants I don't have. There were six Cotton 2 teacups! (Plus any recent crap that might refer to the game.)

Comment

Pickups from last few months that I was too lazy to post at the time:

The memcard pro is freaking awesome, really takes the xStation to the next level (not pictured). Installed thr xStation, in game reset and DFO in the past month. The whole setup is so much nicer than PS2 with hard drive. I’ve also got a SATA hard drive adapter for my PS2 but have decided to get a proper Network Adapter so I don’t have to take the hard drive out each time I want to add a game.

Comment

Top stuff @egparadigm ... I'd love an old-school PlayStation light gun set up ... I'd be all over the Gunbarl/Point Blank series (*compatibility allowing).

Comment

Thanks, ah I shall have to look those up. One other game I have tried, which works surprisingly well, is Die Hard Trilogy (Die Harder) with the light gun patch.

Comment

Deffo try the Point Blank games. Among the best lightgun games ever made!

Ghoul Panic is pretty fun too.

On the PS2 side, my number 1 recommendation - which I think is a very overlooked game - is Gunfighter 2: Revenge of Jesse James. This is a really great on-rails lightgun shooter in the Time Crisis mould (it directly lifts the duck-to-reload mechanic) but set in the Old West.

It's a bit obscure these days but was a firm favourite for me at the time, and I think it's a much better game than some of Namco's contemporary efforts like Vampire Night and Ninja Assault (I personally find both very lacking indeed).

One other one that's worth checking out for the novelty, if you have a friend to play with, is Starsky and Hutch. It's essentially a Lucky & Wild ripoff - one of you drives (using a pad or, if you have one, a wheel) while the other shoots using the lightgun.
              Last edited by wakka; 25-05-2023, 13:34.

Comment

Agree wholeheartedly about the later Namco lightgun games; Vampire Night and Ninja Assault both did nothing for me.

Gunfighter 2 and Starsky and Hutch are complete unknowns to me, so definitely going to look into them!

Comment

Just to calibrate your expectations, Starsky and Hutch is not that good in all honesty. But as effectively an unofficial Lucky & Wild remake it's at least interesting.

Gunfighter 2 is a legit great lightgun game, IMO

Good thing is I imagine both will be dirt cheap if you want to pick them up.

Comment

Great recommendations, thanks. The more the better I suppose they tend to be fairly short affairs. I quite like that Virtua Cop has hostages, incidentally.

Comment

Few PCE pick ups, still going for Namco complete who knows when this will end, and a few past favourites picked up cheap. Couple of largely aimless (when mame exists etc) Japanese windows games from Mediakite, but I just love them, too cute to leave

Last edited by Baseley09; 26-05-2023, 11:58.

Comment

My love for Shubibinman 3 is great, lovely stuff mate. Nearly buckled on the PCE front this week despite vowing to not get involved again. Thankfully my offer was rejected.

Comment

XD mate, search your feelings, it's inevitable

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            XD mate, search your feelings, it's inevitable
                            If there is one thing we know about [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], it's that he will be tempted by the PC Engine until the day he dies!

Massive love for Shubibinman 3 here as well. Potential for a PS4 & PS5 port too as the first one got a release last week.

Comment

It's cool all 3 Shubibinman games have got their own flavour. Underrated series > Megaman, he can't even duck

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                                If there is one thing we know about @Colin, it's that he will be tempted by the PC Engine until the day he dies!

Massive love for Shubibinman 3 here as well. Potential for a PS4 & PS5 port too as the first one got a release last week.
                                What can I say, it always has been, and always will be my favourite video game system.

Comment

Working...
                                X