No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=16833]QuantumLeap[/MENTION], I do love original GameBoy boxes from Japan. Also, Tinny Toons 2 is a great title. I'm not sure about the others but I do like the art on the Peach Dragon box.

Comment

I originally thought it read as Peach but it's actually Penta , it's a random dungeon shooter with very light rpg elements.

I agree, konami of yesteryear did some cracking original gameboy games, trying to find a Tiny toons 1 and 3 currently.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
        I originally thought it read as Peach but it's actually Penta , it's a random dungeon shooter with very light rpg elements.

I agree, konami of yesteryear did some cracking original gameboy games, trying to find a Tiny toons 1 and 3 currently.
        Penta? Wow, it sure looks like Peach

Comment

Is this retro?

No Analogue Duo to use it with yet. Might be ok with my MiSTer I suppose?

Comment

I want a couple of them for 8-bit stuff on the MiSTer.

Comment

Never had problems with 8bitdo stuff running on my MiSTer, well, other than the PS1 core, for some reason.

Comment

Todays arrivals ,

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Is this retro?
                  On that note, I was talking to a mate today and enthusiastically telling him how much I was adoring my replay of the Mass Effect trilogy through the Remastered collection on PS5. I completed 1, 2 and now onto 3. I adored 1 and 2 but due to the criticism of 3 back in the day, I never actually played it. So it’s wonderful revisiting the first 2 but then going in blind on 3 and knowing this is the end but I’ve not played through any of it. So far, it’s been brilliant.

But as I was saying it’s nice playing such a modern game but in 4K and down very well so far. But my mate blew my mind by saying it’s not modern but retro. I pushed back and said it’s made in UE3 and some moments really take your breath away. But he countered with yes, but it’s 11 years old and was released over 2 console generations ago…

Time is a cruel mistress.

Comment

Picked these up yesterday. Didn’t notice until I was on my way home that the box and manual for Crisis Zone are all in Greek, maybe that’s why it was a modest £4! The Equalizer was also just £4 so bought out of curiosity. I see there’s a soft mod called Unirom, might give that a go.

upload image online free

Comment

I have Unirom flashed on my Xplorer FX. You can flash it with your xstation and then use it on a stock console to boot out of region games or backups amongst other things. You can also use it to skip the boot sequence on an xstation machine.

Comment

Thanks speedy, yeah, I’ve managed to flash it and also tried some of the other eeproms for action replay using the restore function. Works well for swapping discs on a machine without xstation.

Do you know much about the cheat function of Caetla? The menus are difficult to navigate, being in Chinese. I found a forum post about it which translates bits of it, but not enough to use it.

Comment

been on a bit of a handheld kick at the moment

these are the last few pick ups on the Neo Geo Pocket, MOTM is japanese but was £44 and is absolutely minty, one thing i didnt know was it has a full English option for all the menus you just set it and it stays that way, is this the case for all neo geo pocket games or just select titles?

this i picked up from CEX of all places by trading in some cheap charity shop pick ups, i was very dubious about if it was a repo as the instructions and cart dont look like they have been out of the box, but a quick check with a security screw driver bit shows it is in fact legit (who knew that things like farming sim 15 on the 360 trades in for £15 credit ) , normally cex are on the ball and tend to price above eBay but this was £60, and looking at recent ebay listings the last three sales have seen this rocket from £77 to £112 to £250.

I wonder if this Zelda spike in prices is due to the recently released switch game as everything zelda seems to be rocketing, i keep trying to pick up a copy of Minish Cap after stupidly selling mine, but they all seem to finish really high at the moment.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 05-06-2023, 09:32.

Comment

Love seeing those NGPC titles, bought a few of those when they came out, 2 of my mates had the system too glorious days tbh

Comment

Nice gets [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]!

Def not the case that all NGPC Japanese titles have English language, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Nice gets [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]!

Def not the case that all NGPC Japanese titles have English language, btw.
                                Aww thats a shame some of the Rpgs are a lot cheaper to pick up if you don't get the pal copy's, I really regret getting rid of some of the stuff i had when i first got this system, I picked up a stack from the window of Gamestation in Bradford when they discontinued the system, Including boxed mint condition copys of Cool Borders and FASELEI for £12 each. to think they had things like baseball stars and Neo turf masters for a Fiver a pop is crazy.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 05-06-2023, 10:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X