No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same I enjoy a bit of emulation and everdrives here and there but can't get over that psychological barrier of needing real games.

Don't worry Colin, I've got a box from Japan on way should have some goodies to share in a few days

Comment

So have I, but it only has one game in it, I'm trying to play it safer dodging the VAT man!

Comment

Kyukyoku Tiger is absolutely brilliant, I love the PCE version

Comment

Went to London Gaming Market on Sunday. Very little to speak of besides the majority of sellers asking top rates for games and hardware in not very nice condition. The only thing that spoke to me was this Game Boy Color clone that I was already aware of but for a fraction of what they sell for on AliExpress. Proper hardware clone that can link with a real GB and can be CPU swapped with one too. The screen aspect ratio is wrong though, which is killer.

Pretty sure I saw [MENTION=7302]Marmotta[/MENTION] there too, going by the items on their table and their recent eBay listings.

Comment

Ah cool, the Kongfeng GB Colour clone with colour spelt correctly
            I used to have a few of these. They're excellent clones and work really well. They're not 100% accurate mind you. If I remember rightly, the crystal in it is clocked slightly faster than a true GBC. That's fine though since Nintendo themselves put out the Super GB which was clocked slightly slower.

Comment

I don't think I've shared any of this, but this is stuff I got over the past few months, starting with the Bookoff Genesis games from when I was in New York up to my Saturn binge last month. Most of it I imported, but some I bought locally, even did a trade for Border Down.

Comment

Jesus that's some haul man. Those Saturn shooters damn!

Just had a care package drop from nippon, never owned the Avenue pad 3 before had to seek one after finding out in a fury that my long standing Avenue 6 doesn't actually support 3 button mode, who knew! Thought my forgotten worlds was bust!!

Download was one of the first PCE games I ever bought on a blind buy based on the cover and turned out to be one of the best games released. I need say nowt about Valis IV, it's in my heart paha.

Last edited by Baseley09; 05-07-2023, 13:54.

Comment

[MENTION=16898]phillv85[/MENTION] I like this post very much, it makes me look like I'm behaving.

And as for Basels PCE stuff, obviously awesome!

Comment

[MENTION=16898]phillv85[/MENTION], Excelent collection of Saturn games you have there.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                      I'm getting close to having everything I want for the Saturn now. I had to try Ultraman out because I thought it might be so bad it's good, but it's just so bad it's terrible so it may not find a permanent home in the games room.

Some cracking games there [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] Download is one of the best games on the PCE for me. I'm also partial to a bit of Op Wolf even though it's far from perfect. It's a game I would gravitate to in the arcades, I remember spending a holiday as a kid playing loads of Op Wolf and Mechanized Attack.

Comment

A pair of GBA games acquired from CeX with trade credit and a GB classic from eBay. Pretty great condition all round, I'm happy with them.

Last edited by speedlolita; 07-07-2023, 05:54.

Comment

Actually managed to import a game from Japan without getting customs charges up the hoo-ha. This feels like an excellent win for the day!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

And to finish it's another childhood arcade favourite, Space Harrier.

Despite obviously running the Super HD System 3, where I have the actual HuCard for a game now I am still taking it out the box and playing the game from the physical media for some reason, despite there being no need to. It's very satisfying!
                            I still have your last copy of this Colin. The one you sold me last time you had a clear out! Great game.

Comment

I think a LOT of people have PC Engine games once owned by me.

Comment

Picked up another CD-Rom2 system that although in lovely condition was faulty and not working. Took it to bits when it got here and as expected, the middle gear on the drive had fallen to bits. Stuck a new gear in it from eBay gave the drive a wee grease and badda-bing badda-boom, it's now a lovely condition fully working system. Saves me the hassle of retro brighting the first one I picked up, so that can go to eBay. Chuffed.

Comment

Working...
                                X