No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RPGs are among the ones that will be very much Japanese-only I'm afraid.

Oof, PAL Faselei for £12. Now that is a deal. I found an unboxed copy in a retro shop in Dublin a few years ago but they wanted £130 for it so I left it.

I got into the NGPC in the late 2000s (after buying a boxed silver slim unit from someone on here!) and picked up most of my titles as JPN, many of them during a 2008 trip to Japan. My priciest was Cotton which I found in Den Den Town in Osaka for ~£40.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      The RPGs are among the ones that will be very much Japanese-only I'm afraid.

Oof, PAL Faselei for £12. Now that is a deal. I found an unboxed copy in a retro shop in Dublin a few years ago but they wanted £130 for it so I left it.

I got into the NGPC in the late 2000s (after buying a boxed silver slim unit from someone on here!) and picked up most of my titles as JPN, many of them during a 2008 trip to Japan. My priciest was Cotton which I found in Den Den Town in Osaka for ~£40.
      lol that silver NGPC was probably mine as i cleared house with the games stuff just before the kids came along and sold a lot of my ngpc stuff on here i picked up a blue stone one since and have just put one of the new screen kits in it which makes it a lot nicer to play on.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 05-06-2023, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        lol that silver NGPC was probably mine as i cleared house with the games stuff just before the kids came along and sold a lot of my ngpc stuff on here i picked up a blue stone one since and have just put one of the new screen kits in it which makes it a lot nicer to play on.
        Maybe! It was a JPN silver slim that came with boxed CIB US Pac-Man and UK Sonic Pocket. And a loose KOF R2 (which annoyingly I can't find these days).

Was probably around ~2006/7.

Yeah the NGPC screen is pretty rough these days. I am planning to revisit my library on the Analogue Pocket, my friends kindly ordered me the bundle of cartridge converters for my birthday this year, so I will be able to use my carts on the nifty Pocket screen. No clicky stick, though!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Maybe! It was a JPN silver slim that came with boxed CIB US Pac-Man and UK Sonic Pocket. And a loose KOF R2 (which annoyingly I can't find these days).

Was probably around ~2006/7.

Yeah the NGPC screen is pretty rough these days. I am planning to revisit my library on the Analogue Pocket, my friends kindly ordered me the bundle of cartridge converters for my birthday this year, so I will be able to use my carts on the nifty Pocket screen. No clicky stick, though!
          Ah mine was a silver UK one, the IPS screen kit is a really nice mod that requires a little bit of soldering but you get a really nice screen with adjustable brightness and scan line options, its fully reversible as you don't have to mod or do anything to the shell like you have to with the gba screen mods.

Comment

Loving that haul [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]

Comment

Decided I wanted to buy back copies of the games I used to own on the OG Xbox. Picked up these from CEX (inc Chaos Theory that I actually bought about 9 months ago, started on Xbox One, and intend to return to on my OG Xbox).

Man in CEX was interested to know if KotOR was any good. My reply, of course, is that it's awesome - which is high praise from someone who doesn't love RPGs normally. I remember getting it from Currys (or was it Dixons?) for £10 new in a sale. My intent had been to sell it on via eBay for a small profit, but I caved, decided to give it a play and fell in love! Paid £8 for this copy, luckily it's in pretty good condition. Total spend today was £11.

This is actually the first time I'll have played Pandora Tomorrow on Xbox as I played it on GameCube before I owned Xbox. I also haven't tried Second SIght before because the reviews weren't brilliant at the time. I'm curious to try it as (i) it's by Free Radical, and (ii) it treads similar territory to Psi Ops and Manhunt 2. Shame they didn't have Psi Ops in stock, actually...
              Last edited by egparadigm; 08-06-2023, 20:20.

Comment

I've still got my PAL Turf Masters. Didn't know it was worth that much! I sold Baseball Stars years ago for something like a tenner because it's ****.

Comment

Oopsy. Just wanted to play PCE games on real hardware, can't explain why, just me being me I guess. So this will be my new set up. Core Grafx is a stop gap until I can fine a really nice Super Grafx. Didn't want the faff of upscalers and stuff so the HD System 3 Pro was my solution with its HDMI output. They get a bit of stick sometimes but I had no issue with the SSD 3 I had years back.

Does what I need it to basically, so I've cancelled the Analog Duo.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    Oopsy. Just wanted to play PCE games on real hardware, can't explain why, just me being me I guess. So this will be my new set up. Core Grafx is a stop gap until I can fine a really nice Super Grafx. Didn't want the faff of upscalers and stuff so the HD System 3 Pro was my solution with its HDMI output. They get a bit of stick sometimes but I had no issue with the SSD 3 I had years back.

Have a got this right? SSD 3 can play CD games? I know the everdrives can only play the HuCard games.

Comment

Yes mate, I have the full HuCard and CD libraries on this already. This unit has HDMI or RGB output, standard SSD 3 is RGB only.

Comment

mmm nice, why you buying a Super Grafx if you don't mind me asking, doesn't the SSD 3 play those games?

Comment

Lovely looking system, Colin!

Would be interested to know more about that HD system...

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                            mmm nice, why you buying a Super Grafx if you don't mind me asking, doesn't the SSD 3 play those games?
                            It does, though I haven't tried them yet on the Core. To be honest I just really like the SGFX though I know that puts me in a minority, plus it hides the HD SS3 away better so I don't have to look at it.
                            Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                            Lovely looking system, Colin!

Would be interested to know more about that HD system...
                            It's basically an FPGA add on with SD storage, so you can put the full library on there and output via HDMI or RGB without having to modify the console itself. Will post a pic of it set up when I get home.

Comment

Making strong life decisions there bro. Exciting times. You can never get it out of your bloodstream.

Comment

I might have bought some other stuff..............

Comment

Working...
                                X