Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
    Have a got this right? SSD 3 can play CD games? I know the everdrives can only play the HuCard games.
    The new Turbo Everdrive Pro can too.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      No stereo sound for CD games though seemingly, which seems a major error.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        No stereo sound for CD games though seemingly, which seems a major error.
        True, though my CRT is mono to begin with. Also doesn't work with Duo units...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Oh that's interesting,I might look into it. I've a Jammacon with a PC Engine adaptor that's been gathering dust since I sold my PC E stuff.

You've never seen anything more beautiful than Soldier Blade on an Egret II.

Comment

It's basically an FPGA add on with SD storage, so you can put the full library on there and output via HDMI or RGB without having to modify the console itself. Will post a pic of it set up when I get home.
            Wow that sounds awesome! Might have to give it a go!

Comment

Think I did quite well with this lot. Went to my local independent shop and was initially disappointed with the Xbox games they had, until I approached the counter to buy Time Crisis and saw they had quite a few ones I was looking for behind till, which had just been traded in. They were all in mint (or very near mint) condition, to boot. Had to persuade the man to sell me a couple of them because they had (very minor) scratches to the discs. He says I can go back and get them cleaned if there is an issue. I wasn't 100% decided about FSW and Desert Storm games, but for £1 each, figured I might as well. I know they're all well regarded and have played them (with the exception of Ten Hammer). Total spend: £16.50, not bad for 9 games!

I got Amped and Splinter Cell from CeX, who kindly swapped the box out on Splinter Cell, which had a nasty gash in it.
              Last edited by egparadigm; 10-06-2023, 11:42.

Comment

Some insteresting advice in the Riddick manual. Who puts heart- or star-shaped discs in an Xbox!?

Last edited by egparadigm; 10-06-2023, 17:25.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                  Some insteresting advice in the Riddick manual. Who puts heart- or star-shaped discs in an Xbox!?

Guessing that someone at some point put a promotional cd in a console to play music. Sometimes music gets released on non standard shaped cds although it's not that common as it's not a good idea as it messes with the balance of the disk

Comment

I forgot to post that the PC-Engine Core Grafx I bought came with an included game, Victory Run on HuCard. Now clearly I have no need for this as I'm using the Core with a Super HD System 3 which already has the full PCE library on it, so I stuck it on the shelf. But I kept taking it down and having a look at it, reminding myself how much I just love the format and taking a long walk down memory lane. And that's where the issues kicked in..............

.....because I kept looking at it again and again and decided it looked a bit lonely sat up there next to all the other games with no HuCard siblings to keep it company, so I bought it a friend after spending far too much time online trying to find a mint condition copy, and it's been joined by Street Fighter II. Which, fun fact, hilariously cost me the same as I remember paying for a full factory case of sealed brand new copies back in the 2000's. This is going to lead to many, MANY issues. Some of which may already be on an aeroplane from Japan. Eight or nine years I've managed to stay away from this stuff.

Comment

I've still got that copy of Victory Run you sold me, Colin. And a PCE football game (so it has 1 friend, at least!)

Comment

I forgot to post that the PC-Engine Core Grafx I bought came with an included game, Victory Run on HuCard. Now clearly I have no need for this as I'm using the Core with a Super HD System 3 which already has the full PCE library on it, so I stuck it on the shelf. But I kept taking it down and having a look at it, reminding myself how much I just love the format and taking a long walk down memory lane. And that's where the issues kicked in..............

.....because I kept looking at it again and again and decided it looked a bit lonely sat up there next to all the other games with no HuCard siblings to keep it company, so I bought it a friend after spending far too much time online trying to find a mint condition copy, and it's been joined by Street Fighter II. Which, fun fact, hilariously cost me the same as I remember paying for a full factory case of sealed brand new copies back in the 2000's. This is going to lead to many, MANY issues. Some of which may already be on an aeroplane from Japan. Eight or nine years I've managed to stay away from this stuff.

There never any escape Colin

Neil

Comment

another week another Game

found it a bit confusing at first but the collectable card side of things got me hooked quite quickly

Been playing a fair bit of SNK VS Capcom MOTM and its the perfect handheld fighting game its has all the moves an absolute boat load of characters and it feels super responsive too.

Comment

Dude, nice. SNK version, too. I really want a copy of that. Can I ask how much you paid?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Dude, nice. SNK version, too. I really want a copy of that. Can I ask how much you paid?
                              it was super cheap (less than a loose cart) as it had the wrong version of the game inside, so nobody put bids against it, (capcom version inside) ,i rectified that by picking up the right version of the game loose to complete it for a fraction of the price of a boxed copy.

No doubt someone somewhere has a copy of the SNK version in a Capcom box.

Comment

You're a maniac superb too see though need to get myself a mint SFII purely for the shelf! Recall the game being £65 and Avenue pad 6 £35 on launch, probably the best £100 ever spent
                                Last edited by Baseley09; 12-06-2023, 18:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X