No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ane-san seems quite rare, always seems to be ~20,000 Yen on auction sites and Mercari when it's available, when I saw it bundled with the 2 Cho Aniki games and Sadakichi Seven for 17k on Mercari I snapped it up instantly. I bet it can be found for half that price if you go to the right store in Japan

Comment

Really nice Colin, post more glamour shots once you've Retrobrite'd and buffed it with Novus

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        When you live on the continent. The pure hyperbole for N64 stuff here is equivalent to how things are in the US, only with a much more stringent supply. I offered €50 for a reasonable 7/10 black controller yesterday and was turned down. Almost a year on and I still don’t have a single controller for my console.
        Get a Brawler64 controller from Retro Fighters. It’s better than the Nintendo original.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          Get a Brawler64 controller from Retro Fighters. It’s better than the Nintendo original.
          I keep hearing great things about those. I’ll get a couple some day, but to start with I want the feel of the original controller. Nothing else sits in the hands the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Ooff, I've been tempted to pick that up a few times but the price for what is basically a pretty mundane fighter has always put me off.
            For sure, I've never played it but does look cool if a bit dull to play I'd like to get NEC Avenue complete ( the playable games anyway ) reckon that one is going to be £100 - £150, seems painfull. Music is excellent tho!

Renny Blaster may be impossible.
            Last edited by Baseley09; 22-06-2023, 12:42.

Comment

I'm on the hunt for Renny Blaster as well, not seen it for under £350 so far. Hoping one will pop up on Mercari for a reasonable-ish price at some point.

Comment

Renny Blaster was always a tough find for a minty complete copy, it took me absolutely ages to find one back in the day. Funnily enough I just saw a pic of the one I found way back then when I was digging about in photo bucket the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  For sure, I've never played it but does look cool if a bit dull to play I'd like to get NEC Avenue complete ( the playable games anyway ) reckon that one is going to be £100 - £150, seems painfull. Music is excellent tho!

Renny Blaster may be impossible.
                  I've got that crap

Talking of crap, with all this PC Engine talk I went to check my spare CD unit only to find it's turned to a horrid yellow. So surprised as this has been kept in the dark closet for the past 4 years. While the system I used daily is still nice and white.

Comment

I think the bigger issue than the yellowing is that hole you’ve hacked in to your briefcase lid to accommodate the RGB cable!

Comment

Mine finally arrived ,

Comment

I’ve been really enjoying it, only disappointment has been I thought it was going to have EVERY game, and it can be a bit jarring with it being alphabetical and there are glaring omissions!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          I've got that crap

Talking of crap, with all this PC Engine talk I went to check my spare CD unit only to find it's turned to a horrid yellow. So surprised as this has been kept in the dark closet for the past 4 years. While the system I used daily is still nice and white.

The yellowing process likely already began (whether from UV exposure or other causes) before being packed away. Once the chemical reactions have been set in motion, it can sometimes end up taking a while to be visible. Also, if the CD unit was kept in an airtight container, particularly in contact with certain material, that will have sped up the process.

Comment

Final game from Magnetic Fields and Japanese Wizardry, which is playable in English when the correct options are set.

I ignored most non Colin McRae Rally games at the time but I did enjoy the Network Q RAC Rally games that came before it. If I'd known it was the same developer I might have given it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              I think the bigger issue than the yellowing is that hole you’ve hacked in to your briefcase lid to accommodate the RGB cable!
                              I thought it looked odd! Better off placing the RGB amplifier in the IFU.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                That's been there since before I bought it . This is a truly old school mod. Still looks great though.

Comment

Working...
                                X